• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Special Run of CFR Champ Pigs (or Glo)

Do you think Innova is so resistant because it's just not cost effective or just harder to mold champ plastic in the thick rims of the pig? I don't get the lack of response.

Do you think Innova is so resistant because it's just not cost effective or just harder to mold champ plastic in the thick rims of the pig? I don't get the lack of response.

The rhyno and gator have both been done in champ why not the pig, personally I think they either all ready tried it and failed or they just dont think it will sell well............i still want my 10:)

Same here! :hfive:

We have $$$. Why doesn't Innova want our cash??? :confused:

I imagine their thought process is something like this...

Innova: "Let's put off molding the tens of thousands of discs we need to put on Wal-Mart's shelves while we run 400 Champ Glow Pigs for DGCR."

Your best bet is to ask about a mold they'll soon run and ask for something in a plastic they don't normally run. I want Champ (or Star) Polecats like you guys want Pigs. The only chance I'll get at getting them is to have them try to run some when they have to run DX or R-Pro and have the mold already on the machine.

I'm sure Innova's making a decent profit. I think it's time to buy the Proshop a couple molding machines so they can start filling these niche orders. After some of the discs we've gotten them to run, you'd think it'd be enough for them to realize it's time to invest in the serious golfer.

I'm sure Innova's making a decent profit. I think it's time to buy the Proshop a couple molding machines so they can start filling these niche orders. After some of the discs we've gotten them to run, you'd think it'd be enough for them to realize it's time to invest in the serious golfer.

I don't think it is a bad idea to get the Proshop their own molding machine (if they don't have one already) but I am always suprised when people think Innova should "invest in the serious golfer". I am pretty certain that around 95% or more of their sales come from non-serious golfers so why in the world would they pour money into meeting the needs/demands of so few people?

I don't think it is a bad idea to get the Proshop their own molding machine (if they don't have one already) but I am always suprised when people think Innova should "invest in the serious golfer". I am pretty certain that around 95% or more of their sales come from non-serious golfers so why in the world would they pour money into meeting the needs/demands of so few people?

It's no secret that this market is slowly drifting to other companies. It's also growing. The Proshop was created for the serious golfer. If they want it to succeed, they'll have to invest in it. This market may be small, but it buys in bulk. It's also growing along with the casual market. <Tinfoil hat alert> Neglect it, and people shop elsewhere. Lose that market, and you lose the legitimacy of your brand. Lose that, and you become Wham-O.</Tinfoil hat alert>

Do you guys just email these demands to the MFG?

Yes, through the proshop.