• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

Hope the Hatchet is good for overhand, it would be bad ass to throw a Hatchet tomahawk.

Was thinking the same thing.

Why do both putters have horrible names though? The swan...psssssh. Make me laugh. Now the harp :doh:

Swan is an awesome name for a putter. Guys with Rhynos and Wizards that miss putts all day don't feel so manly when I'm sinkin the Swan.

Plus skulls are cool.

I have 2 westside discs.
The stag and the underworld.
Both are a disappointment, and not in my bag.
I suppose the underworld could be beat into something useful someday

I have 2 westside discs.

I feel bad for you. The Underworld is one of the most useful discs in my bag with my fuse and judge.

I feel bad for you. The Underworld is one of the most useful discs in my bag with my fuse and judge.

Word to that. I love both of Westside's fairway drivers to pieces, but especially the Underworld - it's a unique combination of understability and speed.

I have 2 westside discs.

That is a bummer. ..I dig both of those molds!

Especially the Stag in VIP and the Underworld in TP.

Euro molds reward smooth lower power shots. Make sure you are not muscling them.

Was thinking the same thing.

Why do both putters have horrible names though? The swan...psssssh. Make me laugh. Now the harp :doh:

Some of the names really do not translate well... "Swan" in finnish stamp for example is "Tuonelan Joutsen", which means "the Swan of the Underworld"(mythology again). Swan also happens to be our national bird.

"Tursas"... well, think of finnish version of the Kraken.

"Stag" is "Hiiden Hirvi", "the Goblin's Moose"...ohgod...

Okok, I see why they didn't translate some of them right...

Word to that. I love both of Westside's fairway drivers to pieces, but especially the Underworld - it's a unique combination of understability and speed.

That is a bummer. ..I dig both of those molds!

Especially the Stag in VIP and the Underworld in TP.

Euro molds reward smooth lower power shots. Make sure you are not muscling them.

You want to beat in the Underworld into something useful?

If you beat it in, it will be the most understable thing ever.

My VIP stag wasn't as overstable as I had hoped it would be (overlaps with teebirds) at this point I am using a PD instead
And the VIP underworld couldn't take the spot from my OPTO Furys and or (beat glow dx valk, we have been together a long time)

Some of the names really do not translate well... "Swan" in finnish stamp for example is "Tuonelan Joutsen", which means "the Swan of the Underworld"(mythology again). Swan also happens to be our national bird.

"Tursas"... well, think of finnish version of the Kraken.

"Stag" is "Hiiden Hirvi", "the Goblin's Moose"...ohgod...

Okok, I see why they didn't translate some of them right...

I have an 156g AIR "Hiiden Hirvi" (Stag) that seems to be plenty stable; perhaps closer to the 8/6/0/3 Westside intended. Makes for a good compliment to an AIR Saint...

Anyway, I tried Googling for backups (anyone?) to the AIR Stag and found a Finnish disc golf website. The Google translation presented for "Hiiden Hirvi" was DEVIL MOOSE. How excellent!

I have an 156g AIR "Hiiden Hirvi" (Stag) that seems to be plenty stable; perhaps closer to the 8/6/0/3 Westside intended. Makes for a good compliment to an AIR Saint...

Anyway, I tried Googling for backups (anyone?) to the AIR Stag and found a Finnish disc golf website. The Google translation presented for "Hiiden Hirvi" was DEVIL MOOSE. How excellent!

For some reason, it seems as though the Air Stags came out beefier than the other versions. Out of the 7+ Stags I've thrown, my Air Stag is by far the most OS.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like a backup for yours; I can cover enough lines with my VIPs and Tournaments.

Anyone hear any more info on the new releases from westside? Im hoping someone has leaked something, or might have an inside source. There are a few holes in my bag that lat/ws/DD hasnt filled yet, and im hoping that a few of the new releases will round out my bag.

The stamp alone may prompt me to buy a Hatchet.

I would also much rather own a Goblin's Moose than a Stag. C'mon Westside, don't underestimate the hipster appeal of quirky names.

The stamp alone may prompt me to buy a Hatchet.

I would also much rather own a Goblin's Moose than a Stag. C'mon Westside, don't underestimate the hipster appeal of quirky names.

Even "Moose" alone would be pretty cool.

I don't put much value in their flight numbers. I think for the most part we'll just have to find out how they fly by reviews or throwing them ourselves.

To save everyone some time.

Westside World 14, 4, 1, 4
Westside Sorcerer 13, 6, 0, 2
Westside Hatchet 9, 6, -2, 2
Westside Harp 4, 3, 0, 3.

Very curious why they made another disc like the giant (13 5 1 4) and similar to the Northman (10 5 -1 2).

The Hatchet makes more sense but I'm a little puzzled about "the world"

Hatchet makes more since, but I'm