• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spiderwire Bag in action (lots of pictures)

ViolaBouquet

Eagle Member
So there was a recent thread about the high prices of disc golf bags. I have been looking for a high end bag for the past couple weeks, and knew I would be kicking myself if I didn't at least look at the" Spiderwire Wolf Spider Tackle Bag" for $50.

Some Specs on the bag:
# Rugged 1680 denier material
# Two front pockets with fishing organizers
# Dual plier holders
# One large exterior rubberized mesh back pocket
# Two removable side fishing line dispensers
# Large interior mesh pocket with zipper closure
# Tough all-weather molded bottom
# 2370 cubic inches

The width is 9" which is the exact size of a standard disc golf bag. The material is the exact same in Revolution bags. It is 11" deep, so I put one of the 4 supplied tackle accessory bins to lift it a couple inches (It also adds more protection, and gives you a secret storage device. I have on the bag my Brown Tool belt suspenders which are exactly like the DGA gel straps. (I will have links below). this bag was not very heavy either. You can hold up to 30 discs in this bag if you utilize every pocket, and about 24 for a normal person.

(I'm limited to 5 pictures so just click on the links to see the rest)

Bag with cover on

Awesome Disc pocket on the cover
2011-04-11_21-35-41_507.jpg

Waterproof pocket on inside cover

Bag with cover off
2011-04-11_21-40-05_945.jpg

Nice side putter pocket
2011-04-11_21-37-49_280.jpg

Nice side large pocket, and mini pocket
2011-04-11_21-38-09_671.jpg

Front pockets

Bottom of bag

Extra pocket on front

Extra pocket in back

Wearing pack with cover on

Wearing pack with cover tucked in
2011-04-11-214020.jpg

The only issue I might have is not having a drink holder, but I'll just buy a water bottle with a carabiner. I am glad I didn't pay $150 for the Voodoo bag I was about to buy. $50 for this... oh, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
SpiderWire Bag $50

Tool Belt Suspenders $25

Very Interesting...

Very+Interesting+mouth+closed+eyes+open+wide.png

:) Thanks for the info!

FWIW, I have a pair of those straps, and they didn't hold up too well over time. They are, however, very comfortable.

dude. you just saved me money on my new bag. i will need one here soon(fade tourney) because mine is ripping. let me know how this works for you.

Well, I don't want to wait a long time before my reply, but just feeling the material, knowing what it is, and having a lifetime warranty from Spiderwire, I will say it will hold up.

:/ maybe you didnt find my new bad because i realize that a new fade tourney is 49.99 at my local store and i already have the quads...but if it hold up BETTER than a fade tourney i will be sold

I just sold my fade bag. Is is 100 times as strong as a Fade bag. I like the side pocket for putters on this, but the only color you can get is what you see. If you want something that will last forever, get this, if you want something that was built for disc golf (water bottle holder, internal cardboard frame) get the Fade. I am glad I sold my fade tourney bag for this though.

Wow, it works even better than I thought.

How do the suspenders feel with only having one attachment point on each side? I was afraid they would bunch up and be tight.

The pic of the bottom of the bag isn't loading. Is it waterproof? I didn't look at that in the store.

Glad you steped up and bought. I wish I knew about these when I first started.

Wow, it works even better than I thought.

How do the suspenders feel with only having one attachment point on each side? I was afraid they would bunch up and be tight.

The pic of the bottom of the bag isn't loading. Is it waterproof? I didn't look at that in the store.

Glad you steped up and bought. I wish I knew about these when I first started.

The suspenders were fine. You just have to make the lengths right, and they are not too tight at all.

It is waterproof. Here is the picture
2011-04-11_21-39-10_23.jpg

That beats the heck out of the Walgreens bag we were all monkey'n with last year.

That's an apple to oranges comparison. The Walgreens bag was $5. This bag is $50 which puts it in line with actual disc golf bags.

Only recently did I have retire my $5 Walgreens bag. I got well over a year and a half of use out of mine.

Thanks for the write up!

If I had a need to carry that many discs, that is the one I would probably get.

Latest posts