• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spirit of the game.

In ultimate and disc golf, yes! It's self officiated and I love that about our heritage.

Can we get a [serious] tag for some of these posts? I would love to be able to have real discussion without the trolls automatically taking over.

If we're talking about enforcing rules and being self officiated, I only make calls if it's obvious that someone is trying to gain an unfair advantage. No reason to penalize someone if they gain no advantage (or sometimes put themselves at a disadvantage) from a rules deviation anyway.

Can we get a [serious] tag for some of these posts? I would love to be able to have real discussion without the trolls automatically taking over.

If we're talking about enforcing rules and being self officiated, I only make calls if it's obvious that someone is trying to gain an unfair advantage. No reason to penalize someone if they gain no advantage (or sometimes put themselves at a disadvantage) from a rules deviation anyway.

I am not a troll. I just like to interject wit and humor into conversations :D

Last edited:
Can you explain what you mean? Spirit of the game is not really a rule. It's a philosophy that should permeate disc sports. Be a good sport, play with integrity, self officiate.

Well, really is should permeate throughout all sports, not just disc sport. :p

Can you explain what you mean? Spirit of the game is not really a rule. It's a philosophy that should permeate disc sports. Be a good sport, play with integrity, self officiate.

I'm probably wrong, and should go look before posting, but what fun would that be? I think it comes from Ultimate, it's the notion that you call out violations on yourself in the "spirit of the game." You're supposed to care more about getting it right than winning.

I'm probably wrong, and should go look before posting, but what fun would that be? I think it comes from Ultimate, it's the notion that you call out violations on yourself in the "spirit of the game." You're supposed to care more about getting it right than winning.

This

#winning#tigerblood. Lol

Latest posts