• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Spraying down the basket with spray bottle

Great idea in theory, terrible in execution. It was a requirement for the Shelly Sharp. We tried it last year on tour and it was a disaster. With the slightest breeze, we got it in our eyes, mouth, etc. They are discussing using diluted bleach on tour this year instead of alcohol and that seems like an even worse idea. I don't want bleach blowing into my eyes while I'm trying to win an event. Seems like a huge liability. Which liability is heavier, COVID or bleach in the eyes?
Are they bleaching rims after each basketball shot?

You might need some signature series goggles!

Bleach would be bad for the galvanizing. I would think premature rust would result.

Its the same as having to wear a mask while walking into a restaurant but then being allowed to remove it while eating.

It does not make sense in a pandemic or medical sense. But the businesses have to have some rules in place to be allowed to stay open and also to give the customers an impression of something being done.

It's been shown that most transmition is via droplets in the air, there are hardly any infections via surfaces. Especially since we all wash our hands more now and dont chew our fingernails any more. And stopped licking surfaces just for fun.

Its the same as having to wear a mask while walking into a restaurant but then being allowed to remove it while eating.

It does not make sense in a pandemic or medical sense. But the businesses have to have some rules in place to be allowed to stay open and also to give the customers an impression of something being done.

Not really, though. Risk isn't really like a toggle switch.

Spending 2 hours in a room with you without a mask is a greater exposure to you than spending 2 hours in a room with you but only 20 minutes of that without a mask.

Not really, though. Risk isn't really like a toggle switch.

Spending 2 hours in a room with you without a mask is a greater exposure to you than spending 2 hours in a room with you but only 20 minutes of that without a mask.

Yes, but by that logic.. restaurants should not be allowed to provide indoor service. Which Smigles pointed out.

For what it's worth, most of the time you have to keep the surface wet for minutes to kill pathogens anyway.

Yes, but by that logic.. restaurants should not be allowed to provide indoor service. Which Smigles pointed out.

For what it's worth, most of the time you have to keep the surface wet for minutes to kill pathogens anyway.

That's where my stance lies.

...but we've made a decision to balance risk mitigation with keeping as much of society operational as we can. So the restaurant example aligns with that strategy.

The spraying baskets deal makes a lot less sense to me. My point was the restaurant comparison isn't a good one.