• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Stable (straight) mid to complement my Roc cycle?

If you want an Innova recommendation, Atlas is a very straight flyer.
In my experience even the Champs become a hair understable pretty quickly. I want a disc with a little more stability at the end of its flight on a full rip. That way it will sit in the sweet spot pretty much dead straight even after it gets beat up some. I guess I want "a shorter Teebird" :p
Md3 is buzzzish in the right plastic. The swirly s lines are nearly exactly like what you want.
Don't the newer runs of MD3s fly more true to the numbers & therefore are more beefy than I'm looking for? I may be wrong about that, that's just what a friend told me. What about a MD2? I've heard great stuff about them but have very little experience with them.
Roc3 or flat top kc are perfect low line fast rocs. That way you can keep the same hand feel also. I love my ching rocs for this shot, but any flat top or roc3 will work.
I have a few & dislike flat top KC/DX Rocs. In my experience they lack glide & distance potential of my more domey Rocs. I just never clicked with them.

Lucid Evidence might worth a look too. Won't feel anything like a Roc though. It's more like a sleek, flat Buzzz.

I'm going to second the roc3 recommendation.

As far as the MD3, I've thrown many runs/plastics of the MD3, and it was never as stable as advertised. Definitely no more stable than a champ roc3, but doesn't handle wind as well. I've found their mids (MD1/2/3) to all fly pretty similarly.

There are lots in the Roc line up that can be used. Ontario and San Marino Rocs are straighter than Rancho. I use a nicely season flatop KC Roc for this slot.

Latest posts