• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Destroyer VS. Wraith(s)

Which distance driver rules them all?

• Star Destroyer!

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Dx Wraith

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pro Wraith

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Star Wraith

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Champion Wraith

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Destroyer & Wraith Suck!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other (Do tell)

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters

Noel757

Ok since I've transitioned to new disc technology (from my 10 years old plus sh**), I've found that a semi broken in star destroyer is a monster long distance driver. However I also have a dx wraith that seems to fly similarly but doesn't require me to put as much power on it. I've wondered would a star, pro, or champion Wraith be worth checking out? Does the flight pattern differ from the DX. I'm just wondering because I want to get the most distance I can accurately? or are they basically the same.

i have a 166g star wraith and it goes for days. i love this disc, i can throw it on several different lines and it will hold them all.

Pro Wraiths are the farthest flying Wraiths, but they beat in too quickly. Very easy to throw a mile, though. I use a Star Destroyer -- 167g -- for max distance.

However, your poll is missing some new plastics -- Groove and Boos -- which some folks will argue are up there for distance. I'd put a Valk on the list as well...

i'm gonna go with the star destroyer. That sucker, when beat in has some ridiculous glide on it. it will hold that annie line like no other disc i've thrown. However, the boss and groove are suppose to have more glide, but I haven't thrown them. by the way, sidewinding has 666 posts. I just thought it was funny. watch out for bad luck that doesn't exist!

Star Destroyer seems further. Decent compliment to each other.

Wraith for turnovers and hyzer flips

Destroyer for s turns and pure distance.

I think the wraith is a better anhyzer disc and the destroyer is better for hyzers or open distance.

so basically I agree that they are good compliments

Pro Wraiths are the farthest flying Wraiths, but they beat in too quickly.
Somehow I've managed to keep a Pro Wraith in my bag for a decent amount of time (without losing it). As a used ebay disc it started fairly broken in for me and now it's to the point of needing almost vertical release to keep it from completely turning over on me. The first time I throw that disc in a round I almost always forget how easy it is to flip.

From what I've read, observed, and experienced the Surge is the Discraft equivalent of the Wraith.

ERic

I used to be a huge proponent of the Star Destroyer. I still use it, but I have recently been using my star wraith more frequently and I love it. I've been doing a lot more turnover shots. Also like my new Champion Beast.

i am in love with pro wraiths...i found a semi-broken in one last year and threw it further than any other, lost it in freeman lake...just got a new pro wraith last week, and while it is a little more HSS than the old one, it is sailing like there is no tomorrow...after singing all these praises, i have to say that the farthest drive i've ever had (~400') was with a star destroyer...go figure...

Somehow I've managed to keep a Pro Wraith in my bag for a decent amount of time (without losing it). As a used ebay disc it started fairly broken in for me and now it's to the point of needing almost vertical release to keep it from completely turning over on me. The first time I throw that disc in a round I almost always forget how easy it is to flip.

From what I've read, observed, and experienced the Surge is the Discraft equivalent of the Wraith.

ERic

i can go for that, the surge is very much like a wraith. i find that the surge is a bit longer for me but not much.

What about a Pro Destroyer, I've heard good things about the glide on that one (and personal experience)... I've thrown the Star Destroyer a bunch and find I get three kinds of throws on it,

1-hyzers out too early,
2-flips too quickly,
3-all out bomb.

Disclaimer:
Now my throw isn't perfect, but I feel it's decent, pushing it to 400+, I realize there is human error here, but it does seem a little squirrly to me. Haven't thrown my 166 DX Destroyer yet.

And I would back up the Surge Wraith comparison, but the Surge is a hair less stable imo.

The Star Destroyer is a good long distance disc but the Boss is where its at. I max out my Destroyer around 460', whereas I can stretch my Boss drives to 475'. I have even overthrown a 480' hole on several occasions.

I use both a Pro Wraith and a Champ Wraith but I always find myself throwing the pro further than the champ!

appartently its a fairway driver but i cant stop hearing about people putting htem out over 400ft.
you guessed it!
the TEEBIRD!

the Pro wraith was my longest driver for my arm speed ~300'-310'. My Surge ESP was very close to my star wraith. I how have a FLX surge SS that I can put out 10 to 15 feet past my wraith, that won't break in as fast as a pro plastic will. My pro destroyer is a good flex shot disc, I have a Discraft Force that is very similar to a Destroyer.

star wraith by far. you can backhand, forearm or tomahawk them. i have seen mine hit a tree and bend completely in half and i pick it up and throw it perfect right away. i absolutely love this disc!

I have a star wraith and like it.....I like my Valk alot and would be sad without it....although I just picked up a groove so everything might change.....T birds are great also.....