• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Steady

Intrigued by the reports of how good this plastic feels and enamored by the idea of a shallower Judge/Wizard. I ordered 5 first flight blacks just for kicks. My putting game needs a shot in the arm anyways. Hoping this might be it.

And it beats waiting for Twitter notifications saying McPros are back in stock....

I just grabbed some more of these from Marshall St. I didn't see any on DiscNation. Who else is selling them besides FFC?

Has anyone been practicing with a stack of these? I got one in a player's pack and really like the feel in hand as well as the plastic. DGA had also set up a putting contest using just the Steady and I was putting just as well with them as my normal putters, however I'm wondering about the durability of the plastic.

I will be next week when my 5 come in. Can't wait. It will be my first stack of 5 matching (well close) putters since JK Aviars back in the day. Oh boy I'm excited!

Got out to field test the Steady today. It's pretty sweet. Nice and stable and a great feel in the hand. Held any line I put it on even into a stiff 15mph headwind. It still had a decent fade at the end too. DGA nailed it with this putter. Great feel, great plastic, awesome flight. Can't wait to get some putts in with these tomorrow!

I played a round with just my steadys. Wow are they good! They will hold any line , if you throw an anny line they have enough stability to land flat or come back depending on how high you throw them. The plastic held up pretty well, my blue one has a few bruises but didn't loose any stability. The white one seemed like it held up a little better cosmetically. For putting they worked just fine, (I like my putters beat in). When I get one beat up enough it will replace my beat ringer as my putting putter, they have already replaced my ringers for stable driving duties.

Overall I'm very excited about this disc, DGA nailed it with this one!

Played a round using my steady today. Mostly for putting, but for a few drives and upshots as well. It held up very well, a bit of bruising and some scrapes from a couple trees but nothing crazy. Gonna go play another round tomorrow! We'll see how this thing holds up being my main putter now.

20150316_231554.jpg

I was one of the ones picking Marshall Street clean of the blacks. This putter really is an amazing upshot disc. Holds its line incredibly. Feels like a shallower Judge but with a slight puddle top and tacky, tacky plastic. Almost rubbery. Very excited about how the two I took out tonight performed from 150 feet in. Almost felt like I was cheating. It may not replace my Wizard just yet for inside the circle putting but we'll see. I'm just blown away by how straight this putter throws. Happy camper.

Could you side by side with a judge/wizard. Very cool, I'd like to take a swing at them. And I like that stamp, very classy.

Why yes, yes I can. It's very close. I don't know why but the Steady feels shallower in the hand. Just a tad but it's noticeable. Steady on the left, Prime Judge on the right.
20150317_000148.jpg

Why yes, yes I can. It's very close. I don't know why but the Steady feels shallower in the hand. Just a tad but it's noticeable. Steady on the left, Prime Judge on the right.
20150317_000148.jpg

I like what I see, they look like they have similar characteristics. The stamp and naming it Steady will push it over the edge. I like trying out new stuff and I really enjoy the breaker from DGA.

Thanks for throwing up that comparison so quick. :thmbup:

Steady on the left, Focus on the right. It's very very close. To the eye they look almost exactly the same. But the Steady rim depth at 1.4 compared with the rim depth of 1.6 for the Focus is noticeable as soon as you put it in your hand.
20150317_001655.jpg

Stability wise, out of the box, as others have said it's just about in-between the Wizard and Judge. The Focus I just got in a players pack last weekend. Hadn't thrown it yet but the D line plastic of the Steady is significantly more tacky (rubbery feeling) than the Pro D plastic of the Focus.

To my eye, the Steady looks like a Judge bottom with a Wizard top. Best of both worlds. Can't wait til I get a few of these nice and beat.

Been throwing a couple of these for a week now and my mind is blown how straight and stable these things are. There is a very predictable but gentle fade at the very end of the flight. I'm sure there are other discs out there that fly like this one but I've never thrown it. The shallow rim makes the fan grip feel comfortable and easy to execute with a clean consistent release. It does seem to get knocked around by the wind a bit but that's what the Envy and Harp are for anyways. I don't think I could bag just a quiver of Steadies unless it were a pretty calm day. Plus I don't think it's going to replace my trusted SSS Wiz inside the circle just yet. But outside the circle, now that's another story.

But the bullet and just ordered 6 from Wright Life. Hopefully all of them are going to be 174-175g. I like the feel of the Steady just a little more than my current XP1x and I've been getting some spit outs due to their "springiness". Have you guys been putting with the Steady or just throwing them?

Latest posts