• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Str8 flyer needed!!!

fyi. Ive thrown the esp pdga stalkers and the proto esp stalkers and both were different as well as the other 3 esp protos. It just varies. But I hink the glo stalker is about as straight as you get with little fade. I throw with about 400' of power and have no problems fipping stalkers unless I want them to.

Stalkers are no way near as flippy as Leopards. Stalkers can be almost TeeBird stable. Leopards are the straightest out of box Fairway drivers you can buy, well other then Lat64 Rivers.

I have a pro-d cyclone and i can throw it about 300' pretty str8

I do agree about trying a different type of plastic for the stalker. I love my Z stalker, and it could easily replace your leopard.

A headwind likely would turn it over (It does has -1 HSS) and might not come back, so for the question you are asking, I would suggest a Tl. (while also highly suggesting you check out a Z stalker)

Have you tried the Star SL? It is faster than the Leopard and certainly not as overstable as a whippet, starfire, etc. Minimal fade.

I always use it when I am having trouble deciding between a roc and a starfire.

I like how the OP shot down the Stalker right off the rip about the ESP one and hasn't commented on a single person suggesting the Z version.

Don't give up on a mold just because a certain plastic version you tried failed.

Oh God, I'm sounding like Nateflipsoff...about the stalker.

Get a Z Stalker.

he said fairway. Last I checked the surge was not a fairway driver.

like most have said. Try the z stalker. The tl will need some seasoning. The stalker is straight out the box.the SL as suggested above is not straight unless it's seasoned like a tl. The sl is just a slightly less stable star fire. Which is still more stable than a tl.

z stalker /thread

yes I'm talkong it up alot. Only because it's been in the bag for almost a yr and straight shots are exactly what I use it for.

If you want to stay in the speed 6 catagory, go with a DX Gazelle. As it beats in, it will loose some fade, gain some glide, and on a hyzer release will fly long and straight.

If you would consider a faster discs, try a DX Teebird. It will wear in, loose fade, increase in glide, increase in distance, and stay stable. Hard to believe a disc can do all of that.

That's the beauty of these discs in base plastic. Loosing fade, increasing in glide.
For the long straight shots, you want something that will hold that line all the way, not fade out.

If you want premium plastic, I'd have to recommend a Star TL. I can't comment on the Stalker, as I haven't thrown one.

Stalkers are no way near as flippy as Leopards. Stalkers can be almost TeeBird stable. Leopards are the straightest out of box Fairway drivers you can buy, well other then Lat64 Rivers.

Then you haven't seen me throw this stalker. I think it's the esp plastic like many here have mentioned.

Went out to the PIA and bought a Champ Teebird with the 4 Discs I found at Z-boaz today (Champ Beast and Groove, Star Pro World Katana, and DX Wraith)..... SWEET!!!. Only payed about 5 bucks for it.

Anyways, I'm sure it'll be pretty stable for a while, but I just bought a new Champ Leopard as well that's still pretty stable.

When both beat in nicely, I'm sure it'll be the combo I'm looking for.

Didn't go with the Star TL, because 3 years ago when I had one, I was always worried about flipping it over into medium/gusty winds, and now, with twice the arm, I'm certain the problem would be exagerated. Went with something a little more beefier that will beat str8er over time.

Thanx for all the help guys. Much appreciated. Sorry to let you down Stalker Fans.

Last edited:
I will agree with the TL. Though it is a bit longer then the Leopard and Whippit, it provides a great tight straight line for me.

I'd assume the TL would be much str8er of course. And longer.

I've never thrown the TeeBird before so definately excited about the disc being that you hear people rave about 'em. And if it turns out that the Teebird is more stable/overstable than I was hoping, well then I'll beat it up into a TL.

Can alway beat a disc in to less stable, but can never beat one in and have it go more stable.

Logical buy.....right?

How are those new disc flying for ya? Someone mentioned Gazelle and it does actually sound like what you were looking for in the woods.

300-350 range. really stable, but that will hold up into winds. (not big blasting headwinds, just winds)

It's TX....theres always wind.

re-clarifying the question (for redundanciy)
Straight flyer, 300-350' range with slight wind resistance.
and IF there are no winds, you can get your leopard to (or close to) this distance.... <- thus meaning a "speed bump" into the 9-11 range is too much, thus excluding the Stalker, SL, "Heavy & New" sidewinder/beast, etc...

i'd recommend any of the TL/TeeBird/Eagle trio depending on your need.

Teebird: Standard in this comparison. Long, straight, VERY accurate, slight fade, slight turn over.... not quite a "tunnel" driver as it's turnover and fade are a tad bit wide..... semi-wind resistant.. (Flies exactly like the chart)

Eagle: Very "Similar" to the Teebird in range, accuracy. Flight line is different, but (for me) the two are slightly interchangable... in fact i use the eagle when the wind is too much for the teebird and get almost the same results. (Flies exactly like the chart)

TL: another "similar" version of the Teebird, imho, the flight is close, but whereas the Teebird fades the TL continues. A slightly different line, but results and distance are similar. IMHO, this is a straighter and longer Leopard clone. Great tunnel disc, exact placement and precision hyzer line. I picked mine up and immediately thought, "wow, it's exactly the same as my leopard, but in a speed 8 instead of a 6." <- Do note, in winds it is still fairly wind-receptive. ie. it will flip, but when you are using it in the wind, it handles like a turnover disc and can get a very long flight (like a sidewinder).

as you are experienced, i'd recommend getting all 3 and experimenting. any 1, or all 3 would almost certainly be an asset to your bag. i cant recommend one singular disc as i am not 100% certain of your needs (wind, distance, etc) but i am quite certain one of the 3 will be.
btw - i own all 3 in star and i am very happy. (although i am experimenting with a champion teebird.)

Latest posts