• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Straight to Fade Max Distance Driver?

I found a 168 TP Giant in the used bin, after a couple of rounds it might be what I'm looking for. Not quite the distance potential of more naturally S-curving max D drivers but it's not shorter by much and stays on a much tighter leash. I've had fun throwing the Boatman as well, it is really resistant to turn without much fade. It seems prone to a little late turn if I have to put it anny a bit though. If the Giant doesn't work out I'm pretty sure there's a iteration of the Photon that will, I love how those feel in my hand. Thanks again, y'all.

Well the TP Giant has developed quite a bit of turn in it and will track quite a bit right if I roll my wrist over (I tend to do this when I go for distance). But I found a S-DD in the used bin and that is a great recommendation as well. It's very straight and dependable so far. Doesn't glide well (maybe even worse than the Giants) but again I'm looking to sacrifice glide for dependability.

Well the TP Giant has developed quite a bit of turn in it and will track quite a bit right if I roll my wrist over (I tend to do this when I go for distance). But I found a S-DD in the used bin and that is a great recommendation as well. It's very straight and dependable so far. Doesn't glide well (maybe even worse than the Giants) but again I'm looking to sacrifice glide for dependability.

A seasoned Punisher should be exactly what you are looking for.

My C-DDX picked a bad time to get worked in and late turned its way into a reservoir so I'm auditioning some new molds since the other C-DDX I got was too flippy for my liking. I'm looking for something with classic Champ Teebird stability (0,2) but in the speed 11-12 range. I'm tired of getting drivers that lose their HSS as they wear in and run into a slight headwind (DDX, Trespass, Sword, Destiny, Ballista, etc). Just dead straight and fade dependably, strong HSS.

Does this disc exist or is my best bet to just cycle in my OS distance driver into this slot, like a beat in Giant?

I looked for a disc fitting this description for a while - My answer to this question (which is NOT the only answer but what I feel is best for me)

Speed 10 range -> Axiom Wrath - my # rating (closest to Innova style) is 10/4/0/2 - Max weight Neutrons are pretty stable - if you're a Open/Advanced player this will STILL be stable at high speeds. As it wears it just gets straighter but KEEPS the HSS, it has strong HSS -> Weight matters I have a 165g Neutron Wrath and it will turn a little especially in a headwind but still has strong fade - its not a finesse straight, its a POWER straight disc can fire straight lines on low ceilings and it holds. I'd say its a lot like a Discmania CD or PD but a lil' more zip to it and less glide - Wrath to me is a Faster Teebird3 - I feel its a real good comparison.

Speed 11-12 range -> This is tough because as it gets faster there is more need for lateral movement, it always depends on the player and style and release angle, nose, etc, etc. I found the Innova Champion Krait a good disc for this, it flew for me pretty darn stable (champion 174g) and still has good fade, it worked in and was a great power driver that held straight with minimal fade.

Speed 12-13 -> Legacy Outlaw - like a easier Destroyer - its not flippy in comparison but I feel I get a longer straight phase out of the outlaw than a destroyer - Icon plastic is like Echo Star but the one I have is still VERY stable, but not a beast and works in to be niiiice. Pinnacle is firmer but not like champion, a lil more give than champ - flies stable to OS 1st run Pinnacle were VERY OS as I have 2 and they are like worn Stilettos, 2nd run Pinnacle look a lil different, less OS but still bombers that are dependable.

:|:thmbup::popcorn::p

Don't know if you're still looking for recommendations but I'll put my hat in the ring.

I think a Pinnacle Outlaw in the 167-168 range is also what you're looking for. I throw a little farther than you do on average, and the 167ish outlaws I have are the longest discs in my bag. Easier to get turn out of than most destroyers, but not necessarily flippy into the wind. Don't feel like I have to force the flight the same way I do destoyers/VIP giants. Probably a true -1/3 where I find destroyers to be closer to -0.5/3-3.5

Don't know if you're still looking for recommendations but I'll put my hat in the ring.

I think a Pinnacle Outlaw in the 167-168 range is also what you're looking for. I throw a little farther than you do on average, and the 167ish outlaws I have are the longest discs in my bag. Easier to get turn out of than most destroyers, but not necessarily flippy into the wind. Don't feel like I have to force the flight the same way I do destoyers/VIP giants. Probably a true -1/3 where I find destroyers to be closer to -0.5/3-3.5

agreed :hfive:

will second the outlaws. the icons are really nice, especially in the non hot weather. the only problem was for me finding some with dome that weren't max weight.
the outlaw is by far the most underrated long distance driver right now.

If Outlaw is underrated so is Prodiscus Ultrium RAZERi. Find pink Ultrium 168g RAZERi and be amazed. Fast, long, straight and nice fade at the end of the flight. And the rim isn't the biggest one.

Also a good choice is the DGA Hurricane. I like this disc a lot as its fast and stable but not super wide rimmed - easier to grip, the shape is easy to hold and there is a variety of plastics to get a stability range. Its like a straighter/stabler Wraith with about the same fade - I really like it.

168 star shryke with slight hyzer release flies dead straight and far, then fades off right at the end of it's flight, it's a bad bich

Latest posts