• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Straps!

FlickMcgee

I am about to buy some back-pack straps and i want to get the best quality strap i can get ive seen most are about the same price but i wanna know what i should get. thanks jordan

I think the consensus for the most part is the Phenix Quad Shocks are the best, but I've also heard that the DGA Gel Straps are good too. I couldn't tell you from experience as I don't have any straps, I just use the stand shoulder strap on my deluxe bag.

yea thats what i hear too just didnt know if anybody knew much about the FADE Straps...cuz me nor any of my friends have ever used them thanks

Get the Phenix.

good quads, shoes,socks, hat etc are great investments in your golfing enjoyment

All I have used are the Phoenix straps, they really hold up. I've seen others get the Innova straps, and yes, they are less $....but they do not hold up. They will start ripping at the seams. Don't know about any other brands, but I do know what I have just simply holds up!

My Innova straps are holding up fine!!!! No rips!!!!! Well except after mexican food the day before!!!!

Gateway Straps are very durable and in the 20 dollar range.

Phenix cost more but are the best available.

Fade and Gelstraps both seem to be doing great but are fairly new.

Innova are the worst straps on the market.

My gf and I both have phenix quads and they are extremely durable and comfortable. The only other backpack straps I have any experience with are the innova ones, and those are crap, they're not as comfortable and they fall apart.

I got these red Phenix Quads at Prime the red ones are not something you see everyone wearing. Plus the matched my red Innova Discarrier. They are very sturdy and comfortable and easily adjustable.

Ive used innova and phenix.

The innovas, although ok comfort wise, just dont last. Mine fell aprt after one season.

The new phenix straps I have seem good, although I have only had them since Christmas and have only used them a dozen times or so. These are almost double the price so I hope they last me more than one season.

Also, I had a pair of the dga gelz for a couple of days but I traded them away before I used them in the feild at all. They felt real nice but I heard they arent very durable.

I've had my Phenix quad shocks for 8 years, playing an average of 2.5 times a week. They hold up quite well. The only suggestion I have is go to REI and get some REAL carabiners. But if you go to the Santa Ana location you should say "carabiners" softly.

Here's what I have on my bag.

I have the phenix and they are great. i heard that the gel straps are good too. I would for sure go with one of them. if you buy the cheap ones you are just going to have to turn around and buy new ones next year. save yourself the money and the discomfort.

I've got the lock down version of the Phenix Quad shocks in Camo. I've had them for about a month now and they are one of the best DG investments I've made. Have not used any other brands. The fine folks on this site were all the help I needed to make my decision. They are Quality!!!

I have phenix and theyre wonderful, but my buddy uses the DGA gels and even though they started to fall apart early on he called DGA and they told him they fixed that after their first run. They then told him keep what you've got, two days later he had a new and free set of straps from DGA and theyre comfortable and noticeably beefier. Anytime a company stands that behind their product and has such great customer service its a good idea to support them. Especially in our community. I do love my Phenix though.

Latest posts