• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Struggling with mids

Try everything and find something that clicks. I think that midranges are so user-friendly and useful that when you find a few specimens that you like you will be so enamored that they will instantly become your go to drivers.

Agree. Any hole you can reach with your favorite Mid you will always throw that, because they are nice and slow and accurate, and you chose it because it feels right in your hand and goes where you point it. You just need to find the right Disc...

Sometimes it is really just the individual Disc too. I lost my blue 180g Elite Z Buzzz SS and then I was lost for a long time for Mids. The other Buzzz SS I had did not replace it. Then I got a Purple Elite Z Buzzz (not SS) that I loved. Lost it a few weeks ago. The Buzzz ESP I'm trying to replace it with is too understable...I'll have to get a Elite Z Buzzz and wear it in just right now *sigh*.

So some of it is just playing with Discs and finding the right one no matter how much we could narrow it down for you, the perfect match is up to you to find ;)

Last edited:
Roc, Ghost & MD2 are just as good if not better discs than the Buzzz. Not trying to start a fight but the Buzzz is not the end all be all of mids.

Buzzz is the top selling mid for a reason. It's beyond versatile. I see more people carrying Buzzz's over Roc's... Never thrown a Ghost or MD2 so can't say anything about them. If you want an extremely versatile disc though the Buzzz is a good way to go.

lol

Roc, Ghost & MD2 are just as good if not better discs than the Buzzz. Not trying to start a fight but the Buzzz is not the end all be all of mids.

Agreed, The buzzz is my favorite disc but it's not the best disc or even best midrange IMO.

Last edited:

Lol :p

Buzzz is the top selling mid for a reason. It's beyond versatile. I see more people carrying Buzzz's over Roc's... Never thrown a Ghost or MD2 so can't say anything about them. If you want an extremely versatile disc though the Buzzz is a good way to go.

I agree the Buzz is very good, its one of the top 3 midranges ever if you ask me. I've thrown many & I use to carry a few in my bag for a long time. With that said you previously made a comment to the affect of saying you need a Buzzz in your bag. All im saying is you don't NEED one. I never said they didn't sell well or weren't good discs.

Buzzz conversation: It should be noted that it is versatile if you get it in numerous plastics. However, if you go Z Buzzz, it's pretty much just straight. Doesn't turn over easily until really beat in. Doesn't have a ton of fade, so an OS complement is required. The Buzzz is great, but it needs something - even if it is other Buzzzes - to surround it.

you can cover it with two.

Discraft Comet - Straight and Turnovers

Discraft Wasp - Overstable and good in the wind.

I use to throw Buzzz's for that middle spot,but found the Comets can cover so much more. Then the Wasp is just the Icing on the cake as it's a pretty versatile midrange also.

TRY A SHARK3

I picked up a FR Shark3 today and played one round with it and I absolutely love it for my stable/slightly overstable mid slot. Absolutely in love with this disc.

I agree the Buzz is very good, its one of the top 3 midranges ever if you ask me. I've thrown many & I use to carry a few in my bag for a long time. With that said you previously made a comment to the affect of saying you need a Buzzz in your bag. All im saying is you don't NEED one. I never said they didn't sell well or weren't good discs.

I meant if you are trying out discs. Once you throw it, I mean I think it's a must have. Not saying it is for everyone but I would think you are crazy :D

Buzzz conversation: It should be noted that it is versatile if you get it in numerous plastics. However, if you go Z Buzzz, it's pretty much just straight. Doesn't turn over easily until really beat in. Doesn't have a ton of fade, so an OS complement is required. The Buzzz is great, but it needs something - even if it is other Buzzzes - to surround it.

Yes, I carry 2 ESP's and 1 Ti.. I only have one Elite-Z and that's in glow.. Well I also have the ten year (she isn't for throwing.. Only looking).. The Ti is great but the ESP's.. Those are something else.

Can you tell me what the difference is between beadless and beaded? I guess its the line going around the disc but not sure. So much more to disc then I realized when I started 10+ years ago lol.

Can you tell me what the difference is between beadless and beaded? I guess its the line going around the disc but not sure. So much more to disc then I realized when I started 10+ years ago lol.

Find you a Innova KC Pro Roc and look at the rim. It has a bead on it.

Now check out a Discraft Buzzz. It has no bead on it.

Some people prefer a bead over no bead. That's pretty much what it boils down too.

Oh, nice amount of answers. So to make it clear again: I've only played for a year or so, I WAS throwing Buzzzes(still have them) but found them too forgiving for my bad form. So few months back I changed to all putters in order to get it a bit better. I love the contol of putters and mids +how they fly.

Sure Buzzz was and is a great disc but IMHO it didn't cover all the slots needed.

I'm a bit into mold minimalizing and not afraid of recycling discs. I already cover my fairways with one mold(well ok, I have the XXX too).

Maybe it's Roc then: Easy to get, slightly OS to begin and they season well(one flaw of the Buzzz IMO)? Am I taking the easiest way here? Sure it takes some time to beat them in. Or are they less stable in lighter weights?(I prefer full weight in putters, mids and fairways tho)
Hope I never become religious of Rocs like some ppl lol(or is it a bad thing?)

I'm just asking opinions. Thank you for these again, hope someone else finds this thread helpful.

-P-

Find some people that have mids. Mids are almost like putters. Feel and confidence is key to a good mid. Of all my slots mids were the hardest to dial in. If I lived close enough I'd have stacks for you to try out.

Find some people that have mids. Mids are almost like putters. Feel and confidence is key to a good mid. Of all my slots mids were the hardest to dial in. If I lived close enough I'd have stacks for you to try out.

Yeah, haha, that's kind of the problem; Nothern Finland IS far away from everything and everyone(think of Alaska/Siberia with milder climate and more reindeer than people). But we do have nice courses here and more coming. And snow for more than half a year*thanks god for internet and post offices*.

Yeah, haha, that's kind of the problem; Nothern Finland IS far away from everything and everyone(think of Alaska/Siberia with milder climate and more reindeer than people). But we do have nice courses here and more coming. And snow for more than half a year*thanks god for internet and post offices*.
Ohhh!! Yeah that is far!

If you are thinking Roc then an Opto Mace and Zero Hard Mace might be an option too. The Opto will hold its flight a long time, and you could beat the snot out of the Zero Hard for turnovers and hyzer flips. Maybe it is easier to get Latitude in Finland than Innova????

Latest posts