• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Struggling with mids

Yeah Rocs would be great DX don't stay OS for long, they beat into a nice sweet spot really quick and never really leave it. I've had a KC Pro in that sweet spot too, but someone else gave it to me in that condition, so I don't know how long it takes to get them there. The roc is definitely gonna be like a putter compared with the Buzzz. It is slower and you can finesse it. It's really great with upshots.

ok, first things first :

gator / zone : those are overstable putters, not mids.

Ideal setup imo ( caue the discs do what they are supposed to do out of the box, you dont need to beat them in first... )

turnover : comet
straigth : buzzz
( if needed ) really really OS : drone

Buzzz and wasp are almost the same mold, if you can throw one of them it will take you one practice throw and you can throw the other too. Comet is just the best midrange out there. Biggest versatility and good to see how clean you release. Does all it can out of the box.

I thought I had my mids all set but have fell in love with Lat/Westside/Dynamic discs so been playing with them. Here is my line up and my back up for them for now.

Roc3/GL Mace
FLXBuzzz/Core
Meteor/Tursas and Fuse

I bought both the Vip Turas and while at PIAS yesterday just picked up a Opto Fuse for the heck of it. Went and threw a round yesterday trying out both of these and found the Fuse to be more of a turnover disc than my Tursas but I may try a Tournament tursas soon thinking it would be more understable. However i just fell in the with the Fuse, It seemed to glide better than any of my Lat discs I have.

Good luck finding a set up for you, there are a bunch of options out there and it really depends on your throwing style. I like LAt because the plastic just feels great to me.

Oh dear. Had my flx Buzzz with me on course today. First time in months. When I left Buzzzes out I thought this1 was beaten way too understable but now I see that it was only my form that sucked. Parked few 290'-350' holes with 5' high lazerbeams, and set a new personal record with a bogeyless round(putting was in great shape too: only 1 miss inside 40')... Damn. Well, I think Rocs wont overlap anytime soon, so I'll just keep it in my bag'til they're beaten.

FLX Buzz, Champion Roc3, and maybe try these two.....lat64 River and a Sinus AP or SP.

I used to throw a Z Buzz but it didn't have the grip of an FLX.

Good Luck!

my mid lineup is

gl fuse
opto core
gl mace

premium jokeri. seriously. pretty much replaced my gl pain.

edit - if you're looking at cycling and mold minimizing then rocs and buzzes are probably your best bet.

Last edited:
Hornet/Buzz/Comet is pretty beast

Personally I'd go Gold Mace/VIP Warship/(lighter) X-Comet if I was buying new stuff

Gold Mace/ 169 DX Roc/ Worn DX Skeeter is what I run atm, little goofy but it does surprisingly well.

Latest posts