• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superfluous molds?

If the groove and polecat have niche markets what makes you think every mold doesn't? People throw different things and like different molds. Yes, there are your eagles and teebirds that are in almost every bag on the course, but that doesn't make other molds superfluous.

On top of that, if a disc is still being produced, it's because people are buying it. That means it's not superfluous to some set of disc golfers.

all you guys that are saying the Polecat is superfluous have obviously never thrown one. now the Birdie is superfluous since it is a Polecat with a thumtrac and less glide.

I found some sort of infirno with the golf ball dimples on the wing. Worst disc I have ever thrown. Guess I will carry it to the top of a mountain and huck it off.

the flippy midranges....discraft has too many and so does innova! i don't see the need for so many of them...

I met a guy today who swore by the groove, he even threw it as his putter. He was probably as good as me, so at least to some folks it ain't su-per-flew-us.

are any molds completely unnecessary? I keep thinking I never hear of anyone throwing FL's and Max's from Innova... what are some other completely unnecesary molds?
and, yes, I know polecat and groove are worthless, but I think both have niche markets...

..I throw both the Max and FL, they never leave my bag. The champ max is my go to driver and soemtime OH disc. The FL is one of my OH discs and I use it for fh shots 300ft and in. Both are great discs. I have 2 aces with my max's and one with the FL.

I found a DX kite and tried it out. I did not like it so I left it on the park bench on my local course by Hole #1 and with a sticky note that said free just pick me up. I saw it the disc the next day dirty with a few dings on it but it was still on the bench with a different color stick note on it saying free disc.

So I vote for the Kite

CHEERS - Koffee

I got a DX Kite, DX Skeeter, and Champ Coyote (XOut) for secret santa...*kicks rock* shucks. Sent a dyed Opto Fuse and SS Wizard...ohh well...I'll give 'em to my wife if I can get her to play :)