• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Superfluous molds?

I love me some Lat. 64, but I threw a Medius in Premiere plastic and it was terrible, but I never tried it in anything else.

I think just about any of Innova's putters in Champion plastic

Maybe if all you do with your putter is actual putting inside 30 ft... I love my Champion Rhyno's for that flick approach. Really any approach, they drop and stay wherever they land

I think just about any of Innova's putters in Champion plastic

False, my Champ Aviar is money for approaches. I hit a 175' shot in a tunnel with it (off-topic), and it's gonna last me forever.

DX Destroyer. Who's gonna throw the DX Destroyer? It would die after 1 tree hit!

The only disc that should be on this list is the Gateway Ninja

ok I lied. The quest ones too that aren't pdga legal (turboputt)

The only disc that should be on this list is the Gateway Ninja

ok I lied. The quest ones too that aren't pdga legal (turboputt)

I didnt realise for a long time that my Defenders are not legal. I dont use them but they are fun to flip every now and then; but yeah, WTH is Quest doing and why does Gateway seem to want to follow their business model?

Innova could ditch like 80% of their understableish midranges and still have too many.

I don't get those between a putter and a midrange discs (e.g. Classic Roc, Zone, Dart). Putters and mids already overlap, what use is another disc in that spot?

False, my Champ Aviar is money for approaches. I hit a 175' shot in a tunnel with it (off-topic), and it's gonna last me forever.

DX Destroyer. Who's gonna throw the DX Destroyer? It would die after 1 tree hit!

I'm Pretty sure Avery Jenkins throws DX destroyers in D competitions, along with a couple others. I could be wrong idk

I am on wide open holes carrying 250+ feet of water (ex. Flyboy holes 3, 15, and 25) If there's some nasty wind, gimme something cheap that won't turn over and that I won't miss if it goes in the drink. DX Teerex, Destroyer, certain Wraiths...

But for a heavy-use disc in your bag for any length of time, I don't know either.

and, yes, I know polecat and groove are worthless, but I think both have niche markets...
Now now, lets not get nasty here. The Polecat is one of the best lid putters out there, a great disc in it's own right for those touch approaches under 150', especially in the woods, especially if you have a lid background.

Groove on the other hand is simply a bad, inconsistent mold.

I'm Pretty sure Avery Jenkins throws DX destroyers in D competitions, along with a couple others. I could be wrong idk
He was throwing Pro Destroyers as recently as last year but could have switched.

Speed 7+ discs in base plastic give noodle arms and noobs a chance to throw farther. Last year I started teaching myself to throw LHBH (I am RHBH dominant) and beat up discs in base plastic were paramount to my learning. They're not for experienced players, but they serve a purpose.

To answer the OP: The R-Pro Boss is completely unnecessary.

Edit: ANY disc in R-Poop is superfluous.

I found a DX kite and tried it out. I did not like it so I left it on the park bench on my local course by Hole #1 and with a sticky note that said free just pick me up. I saw it the disc the next day dirty with a few dings on it but it was still on the bench with a different color stick note on it saying free disc.

So I vote for the Kite

CHEERS - Koffee

Innova could ditch like 80% of their understableish midranges and still have too many.

I don't get those between a putter and a midrange discs (e.g. Classic Roc, Zone, Dart). Putters and mids already overlap, what use is another disc in that spot?

That was my exact thought earlier when someone mentioned the wide rim disc haters should be all over the Wedge. I just dont see a point.

The ones he was throwing in the distance competition thing at the USDGC were Pro Destroyers. The stamp said "2008 USDGC Distance Competition". They were all yellow with a black stamp.

If the groove and polecat have niche markets what makes you think every mold doesn't? People throw different things and like different molds. Yes, there are your eagles and teebirds that are in almost every bag on the course, but that doesn't make other molds superfluous.

second this

Lets see...

-Wizard
-Teebird
-Aviar
-Roc
-Wraith

Lol jk but I think almost every disc has a thrower that likes it.. When nobody is throwing the mold anymore the company will probably discontinue it I would think

aj