• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

switching back to the x step. help!

ooochkchkooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n97GlvvMl2U

getting ready to go out to the field and test my concept... I used to have more of a "skip" approach on the pad, but its limiting my reach back so I'm trying to come back to the x step for more distance and consistency. I will post another video when I get back.

Thanks!

You aren't throwing. You turn backward way early so there's no rhythm and coiling of the core. Coming back forward you leave the hips behind and throw the shoulders past them. The disc should not reach it's furthest position back until your front foot lands. Once you get to that point in transition from the backswing to the forward swing there is no choice but to move the disc forward from the torque created in your core.

Watch how Feldy swings forward during the x-step and stays facing the target longer and uses a backswing much later turning his whole body back and then swings back forward leading with the elbow forward in rhythm.

Latest posts