• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talk about your most frustrating encounters

I think even as a Disc Golfer I would get tired of people constantly walking into my yard. If he had a family or pets that he let in the back he would be forced to worry about a disc coming into his property. I don't think a fence would help this situation at all. It would just slowly get broken down by people climbing it for their discs. Hole needs to be moved to alleviate this situation. Even if the boy scout group builds it, you can't force someone to put something on their property they don't want.

Sounds like horrible course design to me. If I wasn't a disc golfer, and discs were constantly coming into my yard, I'd be pissed, too. Or I'd keep them all and sell them off.

Seriously, it sounds like the hole needs to be redesigned, and the course designer should apologize to the homeowner.

The thing that drives me crazy about it is that the hole doesn't even need to be redesigned, all they need to do is to stop putting it in the long position. The short position doesn't bring his fence/property into play at all. The only reason I can think of as to why it stays that way is because disc golf pretty much saved the park so we're basically bulletproof there.

Lol. Pretty much. I'm pretty sure the disc was perpendicular to the ground as it flew. Only about 100 feet.

lol, 100' isnt bad for a first throw. You should have asked him if he wanted to join you. That old man would probably be crushing us in a year since he's got a course in his back yard.

I've encountered a couple people like that. I once got accused of almost killing an old lady walking her dog. It was a good throw, on the right line, she just happened to walk out of her backyard and on to the fairway after I had released and at a bad time. It also wasnt even close to her, but my reaction was the same as yours - apologize, be nice and move on.

I love DG but having strangers walk into my backyard, for any reason, would result in some very very bad interactions. suffice it to say that discs would not be retrieved from my law. I would however have a sign put up