• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking/Yelling at your discs

Miss it, which apparently in disc speak tells my disc to hit what ever object i was telling it to miss.

When it's misbehaving:
Do that, yeah, keep doing that, all of that, because that's what I wanted

When it's not misbehaving, I say nothing

Get lucky.
One time.
Settle.
Skip in there.
Stay clean.
Drop.
Come back.
What?
Get a kick...not that way.
Do good things.
Fight.
Work back.
Stop!!!
Thank you.

Thanks for implanting that Player song in my head for the rest of the day.

The reason I'm still reading this thread is to find something different to say. Watching tournament videos where they cut after every putt and all you hear is, "nice!" "nice" "nice" "nice putt" "nice" reminds me that I need to mix it up out there.

Thanks for implanting that Player song in my head for the rest of the day.

Ditto. I'm generally the one that starts singing this.

My favorites are several that have been mentioned...

"Flip! FLIP! You're supposed to FLIP!"
"Get skinny!" or "Miss it!" (when headed for trees)
"Go, disc, go!" (if I don't think I've put enough on it to get there)
"Tree love!" (for fortunate kicks)

I personally like Aaron Rothrock's classic, "Oh no!" It's unmistakable, and can be heard right here:

http://youtu.be/cnrfl-YX3b4?t=4m28s

If the disc goes off line completly from what I intended, I'll let out a "Frak".
http://youtu.be/c_JBRwehR2Y?t=4s

Sometimes when I hit off the basket and then it rolls all the way down a hill or takes a bad skip I'll say "You've got to be kidding me."/"Are you serious".

I more or less just get mad at myself...I'm known for saying.."damn Greg you're such a dumba$$, you can throw better than that," or "that's not the line you wanted."

Unless a ninja branch jumps out of no where and knocks my disc straight down when it was heading towards the basket...then you can always hear me say..."damn that ninja branch..that was pured."

I've been known to throw out some bad language every now and then but I try my best to keep it clean because of the kids in the park.

I start singing that old favorite from the late 70's..."Baby come back! You can blame it all on me!"

Keep turning
Hook Up
You whore
God damnit

You know, the usual