• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tampere Disc Golf Center

RistoS

Eagle Member
Innova Europe and the city of Tampere joined forces to build this 27-hole course complex that will be ready next year. One of the most expensive disc golf courses ever built, it was initially estimated to cost about 200 000 euros. The process has included extensive terraforming and landscaping, with 1300 truckloads of soil used to dry some of the area, and carve the fairways and greens. The course will be located near Alasjärvi lake.

From what I've gathered there will be two course layouts, the regular layout (par 64) and Major layout (par 66). The Major layout is significantly longer and should require a well over 1000 rated round for par, and even the regular layout should be about 970 rated IIRC. Since there's a total of 27 holes, 9 of them seem to be shared between the two.

The city of Tampere (population 229 000) had about 40 municipal sports and exercise facilities to decide funding on for 2017. These were ordered based on priority; Tampere Disc Golf Center was at #6, which is pretty awesome. It's also already been decided that next year's Finnish national championships will be held on the course despite it's not even completed yet, which is why I decided to post this here rather than the development section :)

Some pictures can be found on the course's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Tampere-Disc-Golf-Center-1747219412259600/

(Sources: Facebook, Hatcast)

Last edited:
Innova Europe and the city of Tampere joined forces to build this 27-hole course complex that will be ready next year. One of the most expensive disc golf courses ever built, it was initially estimated to cost about 200 000 euros. The process has included extensive terraforming and landscaping, with 1300 truckloads of soil used to dry some of the area, and carve the fairways and greens. The course will be located near Alasjärvi lake.

From what I've gathered there will be two course layouts, the regular layout (par 64) and Major layout (par 66). The Major layout is significantly longer and should require a well over 1000 rated round for par, and even the regular layout should be about 970 rated IIRC. Since there's a total of 27 holes, 9 of them seem to be shared between the two.

The city of Tampere (population 229 000) had about 40 municipal sports and exercise facilities to decide funding on for 2017. These were ordered based on priority; Tampere Disc Golf Center was at #6, which is pretty awesome. It's also already been decided that next year's Finnish national championships will be held on the course despite it's not even completed yet, which is why I decided to post this here rather than the development section :)

Some pictures can be found on the course's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Tampere-Disc-Golf-Center-1747219412259600/

(Sources: Facebook, Hatcast)

WOW, sounds like it is gonna be great. Crazy.....around here we just pitch a course to the local parks, asking to make use of the swampy, mosquito ridden, tree addled corner of the park, that nobody ever uses.

Holy crap. What's it like to have a budget like that???

I sure don't know lol. Heck our local course is getting sponsors to pay for the tee pads.

I don't think the had resources like that for Hobb's Farm or any of the IDGC Courses... and those seem to be about as well funded as any of the courses I've played.

How much did Bryant lake cost to put in? I swore Tommy gill said something well over 100000$

How much did Bryant lake cost to put in? I swore Tommy gill said something well over 100000$
The original course install was maybe closer to $25K. However, subsequent upgrades over the years likely now exceed $100K total.

That does look awesome!
What's the current status? Is there an ETDF (Estimated Time of Discs Flying) ?

Official course map

Some educated speculation of what holes the Major course should include, in order:

#2 (dedicated long tee, par 4)
#6-10
#11 or #12
#13-14
#18-20
#24 (dedicated long tee, par 5)
#25-27

Par 66. Both dedicated tees are visible in the course map :)

I tried, couldn't get it to imbed. :\

Last edited:

There you go :) The &t=31 bit at the end threw it off.

Apparently they're playing the upcoming Finnish Nationals layout, the most notable change is combining holes 7 and 8 from the default course into a tough par 4.

That video really shows how difficult some holes are in terms of birdies, and a certain shot from Paige is particularly impressive.

Thanks Risto! Man, want to play that course. Just looking at the opening pic makes me want to go. JM does good work! Can't wait for them to play a major there. BTW - it was the &t that I couldn't get right. :D

Looks like a killer course. Disc Golf Park seems to know what they're doing. If they're given the resources to work with, it's just a matter of time before they create a few masterpiece courses.

Latest posts