• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TD not paying vendor

Do you have emails and text concerning an agreement?

Please preserve them they may be the basis for moving forward. Small claims would be the way to proceed unless your working with a really large number. Small claims filings are normally less than 100 dollars and then a summons delivery fee for each defendant(an additional 30 dollars here in NC), but that depends on your location. A summons always has a sobering effect, the sheriff delivers ours. If you have a hard time working out a home address, a place of business may be needed for the delivery. The limit on this type of action is 5000 dollars here and I would guess your location is somewhere close to the same limit.

I pulled this from a North Carolina Small Claims web page, oral agreement meets the threshold for this type of action.

MPORTANT: 

You may file this action if the amount of money you are seeking to recover is five thousand (5,000) dollars or less and you have a written or oral lease with the Defendant.

Please PRINT (BLACK INK ONLY) or TYPE these forms.

The Defendant(s) MUST be a resident of Mecklenburg County. The defendant is the person or persons from whom you are attempting to recover property.
The Plaintiff (you) MUST provide a full name and address. You may provide a work address; however, a Post Office Address MAY NOT be used.

Should you manage to get a judgement then a writ of execution should be granted.
A writ of execution is when a court grants a plaintiff/creditor legal permission to collect a monetary judgment against a defendant/debtor. A writ of execution is usually preceded by a court judgment. The court must rule in favor of the plaintiff/creditor for the judgment to be collected. Once a writ of execution is issued, it initiates the process of collecting the amount of the judgment from the defendant/debtor. These collection methods are sanctioned by the court and can include seizing real property, personal property, bank accounts, and wage garnishment.

Here is the part that is really important, should he fail to appear in court things may go you way but you will need all communications concerning the event.

Also, do a little digging, you may not be the only one this person has done this to, witnesses that support your argument always help.

Good luck

Yes, I agreed to do the payout merch for the am payouts. Which I have not been paid for from the td.

Unfortunately I do not have a contract. I have been doing this for years now without ever having to have one and never been a problem. Definitely going to have to have one from now on! Which is sad to think. It blows my mind someone would even consider doing this.

Does anyone else think this should be something the pdga should consider changing and adding to their rules to protect vendors? Its not right that the pdga wont even take away his td rights. Basically their allowing a criminal to continue to be a criminal?

Has anyone one gone through small claims court? Have any insight for me?

by chance was this in south or central texas? we have recently experienced this with a new guy to our scene who wound up ripping off quite a few people earlier this year. Uvalde area maybe? LMK

And good luck collecting lol.

When I had a small claims judgement against a contractor I filed paperwork showing the judgement with the county recorder of deeds. This created a record and blocked the contractor from getting a loan, buying property and selling property. When the contractor discovered it (in the middle of a deal) I collected with interest.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I don't think the pdga should get involved with the vendor side. But I do think there should be some sort of punishment for the TD. Right now their basically just going to allow it to keep happing. Sure I could smear his name all over and people more then likely wont play his tournaments. But years from now who will remember?
I hope that this will end well by getting him to pay. I would hate to have to chalk this up as an expensive learning experience. Definitely will have to change the way I do business from now on. Guess you cant trust anyone these days. I'll keep you posted on the out come.

I have issues with one TD here in WI and how he handles business. I havent played any of his events for years now and I have not forgotten. People wont forget who the crap people of this sport are. Name him publicly and let him publicly answer for what he did.

I have issues with one TD here in WI and how he handles business. I havent played any of his events for years now and I have not forgotten. People wont forget who the crap people of this sport are. Name him publicly and let him publicly answer for what he did.

This goes both ways, who in WI are you referring to.
🤔

Josh Hamm

I suspected as much.

I had stopped competing before he started TDing events. I had heard early on that what you said was true. I would hope that as the years pass he has learned and improved as a TD.

I suspected as much.

I had stopped competing before he started TDing events. I had heard early on that what you said was true. I would hope that as the years pass he has learned and improved as a TD.

To be honest I dont care if he has learned or improved. The damage has been done and there is nothing that will get me to play his events. I keep this pretty close to myself since Id rather have people form their own opinions on him but I do warn I run into to just be careful around him.

Latest posts