• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

Haven't read the whole thread, but found the interplay between Brad and Dusty over the first several pages interesting, if not a bit entertaining. I get both sides, but I see nothing wrong with supporting a company/product you believe in, and if you wanna create some commaraderie among other enthusiasts of that product, then you form a club, or team- which is pretty much what happened here.

Is this really any different than a Harley Riders' club, or a 'Vette owners club?
Is this a huge win for the Trilogy brands? Absolutely, but what's wrong with promotong something you believe in?

Then again, there's nothing wrong with not joining because you don't appreciate others profitting off your actions without anything you feel is of benefit to you.

There's no right or wrong here, nor do I see any ulterior motive or hidden agenda at work... do what works for you.

Last edited:
So much drama in the DGCR...

Simple things...you don't like it, don't do it. Want to be a part of it, find out how.

Coming on here and bashing others for the choices they make is just lame and immature. "I don't like what you are doing with your free time so you must be a dork." "I hate the name of your disc and think it's wrong so I'm going to email the company and get it changed." Y'all should find another hobby, yeah I went there....a hobby other than disc golf.

And UCF and Steeze get positive iClassy feedback from me.

Thanks man. You get it. Now....I'm going to need your email, address, phone number, astrological sign, and financial information. You've been targeted to join the team. Lol but seriously I don't get the need to care about stuff that isn't pushed on anyone. It's just disc golfers having fun.

Thanks man. You get it. Now....I'm going to need your email, address, phone number, astrological sign, and financial information. You've been targeted to join the team. Lol but seriously I don't get the need to care about stuff that isn't pushed on anyone or has ANY effect on their lives. It's just disc golfers having fun.

FTFY

I completely understand. I'm a "member" of a "team" who represents a different manufacturer of flying discs. I get some free stuff, discounts, and random swag...all for doing what I was already doing. What a concept, they hook me up and I do the same for them. Win for them, win for me. Helps me enjoy my hobby more when I can network with like-minded people....reminds me of some internet message board or something....:doh:

Special TT dyemax designs at a discount $? unlimited amounts?
TT stamped discs at near wholesale cost $?
TT drifits and other apparel also near wholesale cost $?
TT bag tag $1 :|
10% off all trilogy discs purchased :|

so not very sweet at all and you still don't even REALLY lay them out there.

I think major retailers probably offer better deals when on sale lol.

...reminds me of some internet message board or something....:doh:

Yeah I mean why isn't DGCR a cult? Why don't the people who buy travel tags and special DGCR stamped discs get called elitists and idiots? Because they're supporting something they enjoy and talking with people who enjoy the same things as them for various reasons. Traveling, friendship, banter, competition, arguements, etc. It's all perspective. :hfive:

so not very sweet at all and you still don't even REALLY lay them out there.

I think major retailers probably offer better deals when on sale lol.

Honestly, I know you're not worth arguing with, because you're not in the habit of letting facts influence your trolling, but I picked up 3 TP Giants and a Blend Warden the other day for $46 shipped. Would have been $59 at Marshall Street.

$13 saving on 4 discs is pretty sweet...especially in exchange for doing literally nothing extra but fill out a form.

Honestly, I know you're not worth arguing with, because you're not in the habit of letting facts influence your trolling, but I picked up 3 TP Giants and a Blend Warden the other day for $46 shipped. Would have been $59 at Marshall Street.

$13 saving on 4 discs is pretty sweet...especially in exchange for doing literally nothing extra but fill out a form.

how does 10% = $13 of $59?

You aren't even comparing apples to apples lol.

That's me saying I saved $100 b/c I order discs directly from MVP vs buying from Marshall street.

Yeah I mean why isn't DGCR a cult? Why don't the people who buy travel tags and special DGCR stamped discs get called elitists and idiots? Because they're supporting something they enjoy and talking with people who enjoy the same things as them for various reasons. Traveling, friendship, banter, competition, arguements, etc. It's all perspective. :hfive:

but then DGR ... :hfive:

But really, remember when DGR did Bears? That was like the Team Trilogy of DGR, which is the Team Trilogy of DGCR, which is the Team Trilogy of Frolf, which is the Team Trilogy of Seinfeld syndication. The perspective goes deep!

BTW I am both Team Steezo and Team SteezeOG

Anybody ever get an intradimensional whiff of the future and realize that, even if it's not your boat, some of these things in DG just had to exist somewhere and somehow? It'd be a sad sign if there wasn't a borderline fanclub/cult/fansource/team group somewhere in our sport, in this day and age.

He's not. He's just an unhappy person looking to pass the time when he can't find anything to post on his facebook disc golf resource page. He REALLY wants details but then when it's shown to be exactly what he was told he will just go back to his old methods. I feel sorry for him and I know it's just eating him up inside. He desperately wants attention. I think he really just needs a hug and a pat on the back and told it's going to be alright buddy. You'll find your team one day and they'll love you for who you are. :(

It's mainly the rules. You're not allowed to say anything negative about the companies. You're not allowed to argue with members or reps. There's a long detailed discipinary system. You're supposed to thank the team if you win...

Yes DGCR has rules, but really just enough to maintain a minimal amount of civility.

but then DGR ... :hfive:

But really, remember when DGR did Bears? That was like the Team Trilogy of DGR, which is the Team Trilogy of DGCR, which is the Team Trilogy of Frolf, which is the Team Trilogy of Seinfeld syndication. The perspective goes deep!

BTW I am both Team Steezo and Team SteezeOG

Anybody ever get an intradimensional whiff of the future and realize that, even if it's not your boat, some of these things in DG just had to exist somewhere and somehow? It'd be a sad sign if there wasn't a borderline fanclub/cult/fansource/team group somewhere in our sport, in this day and age.

If I ever get shirts made I'm sending one to you. Honestly. Actually I do need a logo designed but you're probably out of my price range. If you're interested send me a message. It's not team trilogy related though. :( Or even Team SteezeOG Just the local group. We had a tatoo artist offer to do it and he pulled an image off of google and said here you go. I fired him. :|

Because anyone can join without any sort of self sacrifice. Dgcr doesn't make you buy a bag tag to meet other players or to look up courses or get access to the dgcr only deals in the vendor section.

He's not. He's just an unhappy person looking to pass the time when he can't find anything to post on his facebook disc golf resource page. He REALLY wants details but then when it's shown to be exactly what he was told he will just go back to his old methods. I feel sorry for him and I know it's just eating him up inside. He desperately wants attention. I think he really just needs a hug and a pat on the back and told it's going to be alright buddy. You'll find your team one day and they'll love you for who you are. :(

You sure waste a lot of time writing this kind of BS though.. weird?

It's mainly the rules. You're not allowed to say anything negative about the companies. You're not allowed to argue with members or reps. There's a long detailed discipinary system. You're supposed to thank the team if you win...

Yes DGCR has rules, but really just enough to maintain a minimal amount of civility.

That's not actually true at all. You're asked not to publicly bash a company on the internet. If you have a complaint you're free to email their customer service or call and chew them out until you're satisfied. That's simply a carry over from how the fan page is ran. No company, trilogy or not, is supposed to be bashed or complained about to members. It's simply a respect thing and to pretend flame wars and trolling. You take up your complaints with that company directly. Same advice is given on this forum all the time.

As for not arguing with members or reps....also a public thing. If I want to email Dustin and tell him that I was really offended to learn that little pieces of ham are not actually "canadian bacon" I could. I just shouldn't do that in public and incite a disagreement on cultures in the team trilogy facebook group. No one likes clutter in their pages.

You're not supposed to thank the team if you win. That was simply a suggestion of one way you could put the team name out there in a positive way. What you say at a tournament is up to you but what is wrong with acknowledging a group you belong to that offers you great information and deals on the discs you choose to use? I think it makes sense.

As for discipline I have never heard of it being needed. People have left and even more have joined. To my knowledge no one has been kicked off or disciplined in any way and just because there is a framework for how that would work if needed doesn't turn me off to the concept of it or why I joined.

You might have more words per post than anyone on this forum now that I think about it.

Are you a politician?!

Because anyone can join without any sort of self sacrifice. Dgcr doesn't make you buy a bag tag to meet other players or to look up courses or get access to the dgcr only deals in the vendor section.

I wasn't asked to buy a bag tag either. I chose to buy 3 because I wanted them and they cost a $1. 1/5 of retail. Also, anyone can join team trilogy without self sacrifice. I had a grip bag full of trilogy discs. The only thing I sacrificed was the five minutes it took to apply and I've more than got that back with what I've taken from it. Knowledge, networking, discounts, and fun. Anything else?

That's not actually true at all. You're asked not to publicly bash a company on the internet. If you have a complaint you're free to email their customer service or call and chew them out until you're satisfied. That's simply a carry over from how the fan page is ran. No company, trilogy or not, is supposed to be bashed or complained about to members. It's simply a respect thing and to pretend flame wars and trolling. You take up your complaints with that company directly. Same advice is given on this forum all the time.

That's funny. When I was banned from the FB group it was because the mods were actually bashing another company's product. When I tried to engage them with tact, they turned it into a flame war and eventually booted me.

how does 10% = $13 of $59?

You aren't even comparing apples to apples lol.

That's me saying I saved $100 b/c I order discs directly from MVP vs buying from Marshall street.

Did I say that my savings was the result of the 10% discount on stock stuff?

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

That's funny. When I was banned from the FB group it was because the mods were actually bashing another company's product. When I tried to engage them with tact, they turned it into a flame war and eventually booted me.

That's not team trilogy though. I know it's hard for you and others to differentiate between them but it's simply true. One is a facebook group for discussion and people can join at will and leave at will. How it's moderated is up to them but I'm not aware of the actual discussion you are talking about it was probably before I was around.

If you have screenshots or something and really want to know what I think go ahead and message me them. Or don't. It's obviously been something that really upset you since you made it your title and bring it up often. All I can say is people make mistakes. Maybe they made one with you and kicked you out unjustly but that's not a fault of team trilogy in anyway. It happened before it was formed.