• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee Sign software

Dang, missed the edit window.

Anyway, GIMP2.0 works as well. It's a free version of photoshop.

Dang, missed the edit window.

Anyway, GIMP2.0 works as well. It's a free version of photoshop.

I second this, GIMP is solid, best alternative to photoshop out there IMO. I am a design major so I have a copy of Adobe Creative Suite and if I had my pick of the crop I'd probably choose to use Illustrator to make tee signs.

Its definitely workable in GIMP or Photoshop though, feel free to PM if you have any questions or need some help with the software.

cool thanks for the suggestions.. Any good ideas for how to weatherproof the signs after printing them

Some sort of clear plastic casing, definitely easier said than done though.

This will be a thread that I keep an eye on. Thanks for posting.

And here's an incredibly simple sign that I did in Paint... with VERY limited skills.

picture.php

Adobe Illustrator or photoshop would be by far the best options, but they're pricey. If you can't get a hold of one of these I think some of the free options mentioned here would be ok if a bit clunky

Depends how detailed you want them to be. I used photoshop to create these - check out the rest of this thread for some other good ideas.

Microsoft Publisher. Easy to use.

As for weathering, I am in this same dilemma. I think for our signs we will have a wooden frame, then a laminated diagram can go in the frame. If the diagram gets is vandalized or weathered, just print a new one for $2.

that's a good idea with the lamination. Has anyone seen or heard of waterproof paper? It's out there but I'm wondering how good the stuff actually is

I've used laminated tee signs for a local course of mine. They work great, last forever... and are easily replaced/changed when necessary.

I've been using CorelDraw for years because upgrades have been relatively cheap. If I had to buy a full version outright I would go with Adobe Illustrator as most print shops prefer that format.

Latest draft of hole 1 at Bluemont (Yeah, I know it's busy)
BluemontTeeSign1HiRes.jpg

If you are ready to work hard and get it done in 30 days or less Adobe offers fully unlocked trial versions of Photoshop and Illustrator. If you are pulling images from Google Maps it makes the process quite fast once you have decided on your sign style, layout, and clip art(I suggest Clip Art because it is all vector art and can be stretched and skewed without losing quality) If you run out of time on your trial you can always download another 30 days on your friends computer! Also Adobe does this thing where you can buy another month rather than paying the $700-$800 for Photoshop.

If you are ready to work hard and get it done in 30 days or less Adobe offers fully unlocked trial versions of Photoshop and Illustrator. If you are pulling images from Google Maps it makes the process quite fast once you have decided on your sign style, layout, and clip art(I suggest Clip Art because it is all vector art and can be stretched and skewed without losing quality) If you run out of time on your trial you can always download another 30 days on your friends computer! Also Adobe does this thing where you can buy another month rather than paying the $700-$800 for Photoshop.

Adobe Illustrator is the best way to make tee signs IMO. Especially if you know the software, you can get really detailed and make the signs more detailed in photoshop.

Latest posts