• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird Discappointment

This looks like a good opportunity to have two or three teebirds in your bag. Nothing wrong with that. I would LOVE to have a disc I could throw 400' as straight as a putter. :thmbup:

The two TLs I have a more stable than most of my tbirds...they're firebirdey

I've got a Champion TL that is more overstable than the recent Star Teebirds I have thrown. The Glow Teebird+ that I recently lost was a bit piggish for a Teebird. Not really sorry that I lost it, except I might have been able to trade it for something I wanted.

my friend made the same compliament for several months. so i went with him to the local store. using dome and PLH i handed him one that should fly close to the one he had before losing it. what do you know it was the same. its a lesson many refuse to learn. if you find a disc you like and its a big part of your game. then as soon as you are able take that disc to your local shop and buy as many duplicates as you can.

This looks like a good opportunity to have two or three teebirds in your bag. Nothing wrong with that. I would LOVE to have a disc I could throw 400' as straight as a putter. :thmbup:

Haha, yeah, I'm not complaining it's straight, necessarily. What upsets me is I already have a 170g Champ teebird for that, two TL's, and a DX Teebird that are my straight shooters as it is. I guess I took it for granted that particular teebird was perfect. Not piggish, but not a wuss. The one I have now turns over HARD into any sort of headwind, and intermittently is pretty squirrely. I just can't depend on it to do what the other one would. I'm sure it will be useful, but I honestly am just going to try and sell it to some local yokel if they want a straighter teebird, and keep my eyes open for a bit more beefy one. Or, just pick up a Banshee.

Wow, you really don't know what you are getting here. I really like my stable star teebird; I should compare it to my spares to see which is worth keeping.

Don't give up on the 12x. I've seen some pretty beefy ones. It's not just the 11x.

Agreed for sure. I don't need a fireteebird. I just want a teebird. I know there are plenty of 12x'ers that will do the trick. Just time to get serious about finding them. And talking everyone around me that teebirds are awesome, and selling them the birds that don't work for me. BWAHAHAHA!

Only you can't really power down on a PD, esp. the CFR PD I have.

Bollocks. S and P PDs are easy to power down. Don't know about C-PDs, they sounded too beefy for my tastes.

Bollocks. S and P PDs are easy to power down. Don't know about C-PDs, they sounded too beefy for my tastes.

The only one I have is a flat top, 175, Big McHugelarge CFR PD, and I'm not really wanting to branch out. I'm not going to switch to another Innova-made disc to replace the Teebird if the problem from the beg. is that Innova is so dang inconsistent. I'll just keep :wall: 'till I find a few teebirds that fit my bag :D

Same thing happened to me, lost my favorite stable Teebird. 175g 12x. I have another, same color and it's already beat in, but it has a little bit of HSS understability. That is not what I want at all out of this disc.

Have you tried a C-PD for slightly overstable workhorse activities?

A PD would be a good choice :thmbup:

I have one of these and I am going to give it a shot in this slot. I've got a total of 4 T-Birds I'm trying out in this spot (2 new and 2 used), I might as well throw another disc in.

If you find a disc you like and its a big part of your game. then as soon as you are able take that disc to your local shop and buy as many duplicates as you can. [/U]

This is good advice! :thmbup:

But what do you all do to ensure their flight characteristics are similar? Do you alternate practice rounds with them?

I had 3 and got rid of them.

Gazelles are the shi-ot.

1 of my teebirds was stable, the other 2 flippy.