• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] TeeBird: Which plastic?

Shapers

Par Member
Recently I put away my drivers and started throwing mainly Roc3's and DX Rocs. I'm going to move up to fairways soon, but I don't have a flippy one. I've got two Champion TeeBirds, but they are all straight and fades at the end. The one has hit the road and some gravel a few times, but it still flies as if it was brand new. I'm waiting for a Brinster TeeBird, and I'm hoping for it to bee a bit more beefy, so that I've got something to fill the gap between the TB's and my Firebird.

I was wondering which plastic I should go for if I want it to beat in to be flippy? I need it to be able to take a few hits, but it can't take too long time to beat in. Star, G*, Pro, AJ, DX. I'm open to all of them as long as you can give me a good reason!

I have several Teebirds. Star and Champ ones are more stable, but the two G-Star plastic Teebirds I have are reliable as heck and consistently flippy enough for me to gauge exactly what they'll do. I throw the stiffer plastic into headwinds and for S-curve shots I need to meat-hook, but when I need a disc that will go straight for a long, LONG time and then fade hard, that's when I pull out the G*.

The G* Teebird is, next to the DX Roc, my absolute favorite disc. Give'r a go.....guaranteed you won't be disappointed.

Star teebirds for sure! My ideal fairway setup is 2 star, a 12x champ, and a Brinster. I have a star now that is amazing for turn over shots. It has a nice smooth turn when thrown flat, and with a little height will pan out. It's so workable I could use it on any shot over 320'

star - will take a while before it beats to flippy

Gstar - not sure yet but maybe a light one would get there quickly

Pro - garbage

AJ- Same as star birds but a bit more beefy

DX - yes

You should be able to get a dx teebird to flippy pretty quick if that's the goal.

JLS in Millenium plastic.:) It's half a Teebird(the top is the same.)

If it has to be a Teebird then dx is the way to go, my Star Teebird has two years of heavy use and is still stable.

yup

Star birds can take some real punishment before they flip

I have several Teebirds. Star and Champ ones are more stable, but the two G-Star plastic Teebirds I have are reliable as heck and consistently flippy enough for me to gauge exactly what they'll do. I throw the stiffer plastic into headwinds and for S-curve shots I need to meat-hook, but when I need a disc that will go straight for a long, LONG time and then fade hard, that's when I pull out the G*.

The G* Teebird is, next to the DX Roc, my absolute favorite disc. Give'r a go.....guaranteed you won't be disappointed.

How does the G* plastic hold up to trees and rocks? Less durable than Star?

Star teebirds for sure! My ideal fairway setup is 2 star, a 12x champ, and a Brinster. I have a star now that is amazing for turn over shots. It has a nice smooth turn when thrown flat, and with a little height will pan out. It's so workable I could use it on any shot over 320'

How old is that one? Has it hit a lot of trees etc.?

How long does it take before it reaches that point?

Depends. And it will happen in stages, too.

It'll be nice and dependable stable for a while. Then one day it'll go a lot straighter than it usually does before fading. Then it'll fly that way for a while. Then a month or two later it starts flipping over a little before flattening out. Then eventually it'll star flipping more than that.

From brand new until dead straight? 6 months to a year, depending on how much you play.

It also depends on which Star Teebird you get. In my experience, the flatter Teebirds are straighter than the domey ones. They start out less overstable, and they get straighter sooner.

Depends. And it will happen in stages, too.

It'll be nice and dependable stable for a while. Then one day it'll go a lot straighter than it usually does before fading. Then it'll fly that way for a while. Then a month or two later it starts flipping over a little before flattening out. Then eventually it'll star flipping more than that.

From brand new until dead straight? 6 months to a year, depending on how much you play.

It also depends on which Star Teebird you get. In my experience, the flatter Teebirds are straighter than the domey ones. They start out less overstable, and they get straighter sooner.

Longer in my experience but I use older star teebirds, so maybe the newer ones beat in faster.

If I know my self right, I'll propably get a Star and a G*, in addition to a DX to have something flippy while I wait! Then I'll have a Brinster, a Champion, a Star and a G* to beat in and a DX while I'm waiting.

My bag will be 2 McPro Aviars, probably 1 or 2 Envys, 4 DX Rocs, 2 Champ Roc3, 1 McPro Roc3 and those TeeBirds. 4 molds, 16 discs. As long as it works.. :)

Latest posts