• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tell Me What I Need to Work on

the main point of it was to make it comfortable to hold wider rimmed drivers with smaller hands.. but it is no different on nose up issues than another grip for me at least.

what do u mean anti-climo grip??

what do u mean anti-climo grip??

The disc looks like it's oriented perpendicular to your palm/fingers, no tendon travel. You have your wrist cocked down way further than I physically can. This might just be like my opinion although I doubt it.... biomechanically you don't want to cock the wrist down like that which bends your tendons almost perpendicular to the snap of the wrist. I think it's a recipe for tendon issues down the road.

cnIpUES.jpg

To me it looks like you are orienting the disc like the second pic and cocking the wrist down to compensate.
seam02.jpg
seam03.jpg

NIKKO!!!!

That is the first thing i thought when i saw this! But uh try keep your wrist more level. I dont think your throwing arm should be going above your head like that. Try keep it more chest level and hey im sure you will be doing better ok Nikko. Now sink those straddle putts

in that picture it looks more that way than it is just because I was trying to show that the disc isn't in the palm of my hand hardly at all. but it is oriented like the first picture when the thumb is on top maybe slightly nose up

I suppose what im asking is should the wrist be cocked downwards to achieve nose down? and is me holding the disc out of the palm going hinder any distance or accuracy? or do I need to decide on my own, because then it will stay the same because that seems to work well

It looks like a crazy claw grip, with your pressure all going into the knuckles perpendicular to the palm. Your fingers should be flatter, not bending every joint, more space across the rim means more leverage.
jALXc1c.jpg

vs
P1010042.jpg

P1010038.jpg

P1010040.jpg

aren't those grips bending the fingers at every joint? that red disc also has a smaller rim. I could do a normal grip on my fairways and mids but for these 12 speeds its tough to get around them with a normal grip and it not be nose up

No, look at your pinky compared to every other grip, your top knuckle is bent where the others are straight, and in the climo/fork grip the three fingers are straight on the top knuckle. It's more pinchy vs clawy. Also notice the knuckles on your index fingers don't line up with the other knuckles like the other grips. Try a two finger grip and then modifying it.

Latest posts