• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas courses underwater 2015 edition

Is it going to be playable? I went to Selah about a month ago and there were unplayable holes due to water. Trey Duece was worse.
I got the email a couple days ago. Everything is still on and all 4 courses WILL be played. Maybe camping wasn't such a good idea.

played Lewisville last Thursday. Hole 2 unplayable basket under water. Hole 3 unplayable both teeboxes underwater and basket close. Hole 4 teebox underwater(as you can tell from pic boaters are tying off to the teesign). Hole 7 playable but scary. Don't land short or right. Go long or way left. Hole 17 unplayable. Teebox, fairway, basket all underwater.

They did have tourney there this weekend and moved around some holes and added new ones from what some buddies said. Would be interested to know the layout. Stay safe and happy throwing.

Darren

heard on the news today that ppl are dieing in TX due to all the flooding... hope everyone here is doing OK and your house hasn't floated away :eek:

We played Crossroads yesterday. Other than a little mud it wasn't bad. Everything drains well on that course so it's all very playable.

On a side note. That course is a beating! 700' Tunnel shot to finish uphill?! 450' dogleg tighter tunnel to follow!

We played Crossroads yesterday. Other than a little mud it wasn't bad. Everything drains well on that course so it's all very playable.

On a side note. That course is a beating! 700' Tunnel shot to finish uphill?! 450' dogleg tighter tunnel to follow!

I think it's a very overlooked course. No one ever talks about it and it's actually a well rounded course.

What app did you use to film this?

I asked for you on the users YT page. I just posted the video here didn't actually make it. That is a pretty neat filter or whatever he has on there. Ill let you know if/when I get a reply.

I hear there's a dam about to break near Dallas. Y'all hang in there!

Last edited:
Trophy Club Park on Grapevine Lake

"In 2014, three Grapevine Lake boat ramps were closed because the lake was so low. At only 62 percent full, the lake's depth was 10 feet below normal."

"This year, Grapevine Lake is 18 feet above normal, 100 percent full and at risk for flooding if boats were allowed on the water. Murrell Park on Grapevine Lake is closed Monday, as are all eight of the lake's boat ramps."
- http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Many-North-Texas-Lakes-Boat-Ramps-Close-Monday-304897021.html

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-Photos from Trophy Club Park FB Page

"This year, Grapevine Lake is 18 feet above normal, 100 percent full and at risk for flooding if boats were allowed on the water. Murrell Park on Grapevine Lake is closed Monday, as are all eight of the lake's boat ramps."

- http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Many-North-Texas-Lakes-Boat-Ramps-Close-Monday-304897021.html

Now I understand that a boat will displace some water, but realistically, how many boats would it take to cause a flood?

Now I understand that a boat will displace some water, but realistically, how many boats would it take to cause a flood?

Yeah...I find that quite odd as well.

Well 100% full would indicate any displacement would cause levels to be over 100%. Feldberg helped me with the computations so I know it's correct.

Grapevine lake has hundreds of boats in a normal summer. I am not exaggerating. There are multiple sailboat rental places that usually keep their boats in the water prepared for rentals. If they let one boat in, they'll have to let them all in, and that's a lot of displacement.

What Zen said. I haven't been on Grapevine in 20 years or so, but even back then it was almost possible to walk across the lake when all the boats were out. I can only imagine its just as bad or worse now.:\