• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That guy stole my firebird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a real note. was playing about three weeks ago and some little ******* in his new suped up jeep his daddy bought jumps the curb in front of us and starts doing doughnuts around the course..we start chasing and he takes off..then comes back at us..my buddy sacrificed our last beer to give that brand new jeep a nice dent on his hood! lots of punks on the scene these days

I was playing McNaughten Park (pekin, il) the other day my buddy drove off hole 18...ended up in the gravel by the road (which lines the entire hole).....some kid in a truck pulled up next to the disc as we were going to get it, yanked it and drove off with it. These guys will get whats coming sooner or later!

Sounds like a hell of a lot of hood rats are frequenting our beloved parks these days...

It really turns my stomach with what this sport has turned into these past couple of years, makes me think twice about calling when I find someones disc, no one calls me.

That's a childish thing to do.. sorry, but I've heard that a few times recently. Maybe that's why you didn't get your disc back. Maybe the person who had your disc felt the same way.
So because others aren't courteous you feel it's ok for you to stoop down and do the same??

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

Okay here is my story, I was playing the other day at my local Dgc and I threw a disc right in the middle of the fairway, I bend down to pick my bag up and when I looked up and I saw some punk kid running across the fairway and grab my disc. Me not being able to run(with my bad leg) I whipped my phone out and took pictures of this kid. I am honestly thinking about calling the cops because I still have the reciept And the pictures of this punk. So should I call the cops and try to get my disc back? It was my favorite disc.

justgotreal.gif

It really turns my stomach with what this sport has turned into these past couple of years, makes me think twice about calling when I find someones disc, no one calls me.

Being so big on privacy, I'm rather surprised that he would put his phone number on a disc.

Maybe he just writes "please return if found" on them...

I've had this happen to me. Someone drove up towards the last hole on my home course, got out of their car, ran onto the fairway, and stole my Firebird before driving away. They knew what they were doing as I did not use my indoor voice to address the situation.

My question is what the ruling would be in this instance. If someone swipes your disc, do you tee off again? Do you mark it where you think it was? Is there a penalty on your score here?

Rule 803.07B If a disc at rest on the playing surface or supported by the target is moved, the disc shall be replaced as close as possible to its original location, as determined by a majority of the group or an official.

I had this happen to me during a casual round by myself at Acorn, my dx shark got stolen out of the fairway, thing was that was 1/3 of my entire disc collection at the time, I was bummed.

Poor firebirds.

I shanked a firebird off to the side towards the next hole and remember watching my disc land by a garbage can.

A second later a guy and a girl stand up off the ground and look my direction. They casually, WITHOUT throwing discs.. start to walk down the hole they were at giggling and smiling.

Thought it was kind of weird and start walking towards where my disc landed.
By the time I got to the garbage can the couple was already almost out of sight and definitely not anywhere near the next hole.

Spent a half hour looking for my disc before it clicked in my head.

the interrupted lovers had to be the culprits to my missing disc. Don't know if my disc hit them or just spooked 'em but I guess I'll never really know.

Thieves... they come in all shapes and sizes these days.

I was playing McNaughten Park (pekin, il) the other day my buddy drove off hole 18...ended up in the gravel by the road (which lines the entire hole).....some kid in a truck pulled up next to the disc as we were going to get it, yanked it and drove off with it. These guys will get whats coming sooner or later!

that is rediculous....mcnaughton is my home course!! what kind of truck and disc? if i see them i'll get it back...

I was fininshing up hole 19 at Morley Field in San Diego. Basket is next to the parking lot. Wide open. Two guys in a pickup take the sandwich board sign on ground describing the course policies etc. and throw it in the bed and get in the truck. I'm not 15 feet away. I walk up to the front of the truck take out an old score card and pencil and show them that I am taking down their license plate. They drive out to the road, stop and throw the sign back toward the lot. DOUCHES! Averted a theft just by showing them it would be reported.

I know who stole your Firebird.
bigfoot_photos_920076-399x291.jpg

It's that damn sasquatch.

Sorry about hacking your phone and stealing your picture, but this kid must be stopped.

I am not going to post the picture of this punk because as many have said it may be illegal to do so, and I am goin to stick with not telling you where I play at. I just needed to vent and let the frustration out, I will probably go by my local PIAS and see what I can find there. And no I do not write my number on my discs as I do not lose them very often and I find them myself

I am not going to post the picture of this punk because as many have said it may be illegal to do so, and I am goin to stick with not telling you where I play at. I just needed to vent and let the frustration out, I will probably go by my local PIAS and see what I can find there. And no I do not write my number on my discs as I do not lose them very often and I find them myself

Cool story, bro. You should start telling that one at parties. :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.