• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT COURSE

5785_560468960660628_1898764735_n.png

Looks like someone likes a stiff headwind :)

That'd be a tad more expensive than your average course.

Power lines, cemeteries, nearly any park, most patches of woods, orchards, farms (with or without animals). Cemetery in my best thought, really, those people don't care, all that great land, trees. Like many here, I see them everywhere, my wife is tired of it as well.

Lots of interesting places. But seriously I think Allegany State Park in NY would have many ideal locations to install several world class courses.

images

images

images

images

My wife and I hiked in the Swiss Alps a couple years ago and were overwhelmed by the natural beauty of the Lauterbrunnen Valley. It was carved by a glacier and has about 70 waterfalls. The peaks of the Alps tower above the valley walls. The problem is that the weather would only cooperate for 2-3 months a year :p The valley was JRR Tolkein's inspiration for Rivendell. I don't think a permanent course would be good for the area, but it would be awesome to set up a safari course.

The color in that picture is barely enhanced, if at all. I have very similar pictures from a regular point and shoot camera at home.

there in an island in the middle of the mississippi that would be awesome. right south of the bridge about 15 miles from my house

Living in Oregon, there are places a plenty for awesome disc golf courses. But pretty much anywhere I go now I draw imaginary lines over stuff, or through a tight gap or whatever. Do the same thing with skateboarding. Manual pad, ledge, stair set etc.

I play pretty regularly at Oxbow DGC in Windsor, CO, and it has a bunch of land around it to not just turn it into an 18 hole course, but to add a second course. Same with my home course (Mylar DGC) in Cheyenne, WY. The designer was very interested in keeping us away from people that use the park regularly.

Tunnel shot to die for (not to mention the worst photo shop job ever). Will you reach your disc before it melts?

1el2ee.jpg

The Biltmore in Asheville has some great grounds, a lake and some awesome views. Same with the Hearst Castle in CA. Both could have incredible courses.

And for something totally different maybe a course in Sedona, AZ. It would beat the heck out of discs, but you could create some interesting basket positions.