• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

so pauly mcB how much of your winnings are left after taxes after this last event?

^ odd question… might as well ask him how many MVP discs he threw during the tourney.

No wait, I didn't actually mean he has as much winnings left over as he throws mvp discs… that came out wrong.

I meant its a weird question and he has no real need to answer it, I was comparing the randumbness. (Bad MVP thread/joke) lost in translation

By the way I meant to say Congratulations to Paul McBeth and the Win! I think this win at Memorial being a huge start to the year for him and the NTs. :thmbup::thmbup:

No wait, I didn't actually mean he has as much winnings left over as he throws mvp discs… that came out wrong.

I meant its a weird question and he has no real need to answer it, I was comparing the randumbness. (Bad MVP thread/joke) lost in translation

By the way I meant to say Congratulations to Paul McBeth and the Win! I think this win at Memorial being a huge start to the year for him and the NTs. :thmbup::thmbup:

hahaha. he so didn't get that you were saying "you shouldn't ask that question"

After looking at his final round score. It's really too bad the weather was especially rough those last 4-5 holes. I bet McBeth could have shaved another 4-5 stokes off that score and had another hot final day like last year.

Congrats on a solid finish in that terrible weather :thmbup:

It makes me laugh when you say stuff like this.

Btw, congrats on your win. :thmbup:

Cmon, man, that's probably the easiest hole on that course, especially considering the tournament layout. That's not to say I haven't rolled into the street on numerous occasions going for the parkjob with a spike hyzer or thumber.

My pleasure, goose! I did actually ask Grip if they'd like to sponsor my videos this year, but they passed (along with a bunch of other folks, like Discraft). But, thank goodness for the "Yesses" I got from Innova, Vibram, Disc Golf Center, and Towch! They made Vegas and the Memorial possible.

Wonder how many of those "no"s are wishing they hadn't. Seems like everyone in the disc golf world that wasn't there watched Marty's videos over the last two weeks(Gentlemen's and Memorial).

And you left off Bearded Brothers ;)

Wonder how many of those "no"s are wishing they hadn't. Seems like everyone in the disc golf world that wasn't there watched Marty's videos over the last two weeks(Gentlemen's and Memorial).

And you left off Bearded Brothers ;)

The only guys who get my money are McFly sponsors! His videos are superb and very appreciated. A Company would be idiotic to not sponsor the man! :)

RUMOR (not to be viewed as truth unless proven): Nobody was able to film because the person in charge wanted to Charge for live coverage rights of the tournament. If so it was a VERY stupid idea because now you ended up with no live coverage and no money from it.

You're wrong. Please don't go spreading this ****. DGP requested payment FROM the Memorial tournament directors to cover the event. The TD's refused.

Hmm...what I heard via the DG Guy facebook thread was that that the Memorial wanted to sell the live broadcasting rights and nobody was buying. There of course was no issue with filmed coverage as obviously DG Guy, McFly, and SpinTV all have coverage of this event.

...oh and that is a hint of things to come ;)

As with most things, the truth is somewhere in between the two stories I'm guessing. DGP was planning a smaller endeavor this year anyway, so that may have more to do with it. The only thing I do know is that Terry Miller wants to get into the live broadcasting game (it's on his own facebook, I'm not stealing his thunder) and he was hoping for the memorial.

The only guys who get my money are McFly sponsors! His videos are superb and very appreciated. A Company would be idiotic to not sponsor the man! :)

Is there a way for regular folks to donate directly to McFly? I prefer tournament videos without the play by play commentary.

Cmon, man, that's probably the easiest hole on that course, especially considering the tournament layout. That's not to say I haven't rolled into the street on numerous occasions going for the parkjob with a spike hyzer or thumber.

He also said that Flyboy is easy, among other things. I guess when you're the best in the world, you can things like that. :p

Is there a way for regular folks to donate directly to McFly? I prefer tournament videos without the play by play commentary.

Yeah-

#54 Report Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 AM

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
If there is a way for us to donate thru PayPal in smaller increments than the $250 I believe it would work better for most of us (assuming you still need funding for the year). I wouldn't mind donating $5-$10 as I'm sure anything helps.
Every little bit does help, HiFi, and every $ goes directly toward travel expenses. My PayPal is linked to [email protected]. If by chance you didn't already know, I can also make DVDs or Blu-rays of your favorite rounds for just slightly more than the $10 donation you mention. Thanks for your support!

Hmm...what I heard via the DG Guy facebook thread was that that the Memorial wanted to sell the live broadcasting rights and nobody was buying. There of course was no issue with filmed coverage as obviously DG Guy, McFly, and SpinTV all have coverage of this event.

...oh and that is a hint of things to come ;)

As with most things, the truth is somewhere in between the two stories I'm guessing. DGP was planning a smaller endeavor this year anyway, so that may have more to do with it. The only thing I do know is that Terry Miller wants to get into the live broadcasting game (it's on his own facebook, I'm not stealing his thunder) and he was hoping for the memorial.

DGP wanted $5k from The Memorial TDs. They refused. Terry stepped up to take their place, but an issue arose over conflicting sponsorship (Legacy sponsoring Terry, and Discraft the tournament). That issue was settled in that Terry wouldn't be allowed to do a live broadcast. The TD's weren't out looking for money. Their budget just doesn't allow for the added cost. Discraft essentially owns the event sponsorship rights, so they are going to have a big say in who is covering, if anyone.

I still want to see more NTs on par 64+ courses. The PHX courses leave me a little underwhelmed despite the wind, rain, and the long water carries. I know it is hard because you have to be able to accomodate all divisions. But at some point, I'd like to see the best players play the hardest courses only, and only in the open division. I suppose my wish will be granted for this year's worlds.

DGP wanted $5k from The Memorial TDs. They refused. Terry stepped up to take their place, but an issue arose over conflicting sponsorship (Legacy sponsoring Terry, and Discraft the tournament). That issue was settled in that Terry wouldn't be allowed to do a live broadcast. The TD's weren't out looking for money. Their budget just doesn't allow for the added cost. Discraft essentially owns the event sponsorship rights, so they are going to have a big say in who is covering, if anyone.

Ah, I re-read the facebook thread, apologies I was wrong.

Also I meant discraft as the sponsor, not the TD's themselves when I was talking $. I didn't mean to imply that the TD's were wanting money.

Ah, I re-read the facebook thread, apologies I was wrong.

Also I meant discraft as the sponsor, not the TD's themselves when I was talking $. I didn't mean to imply that the TD's were wanting money.

It's all good. Nice meeting you, BTW. Hope you enjoyed AZ despite the crappy weather.

I still want to see more NTs on par 64+ courses. The PHX courses leave me a little underwhelmed despite the wind, rain, and the long water carries. I know it is hard because you have to be able to accomodate all divisions. But at some point, I'd like to see the best players play the hardest courses only, and only in the open division. I suppose my wish will be granted for this year's worlds.

Par over 64 doesn't mean Hard.

I can make a course be par 72 and make it extremely easy.

I agree that our top players should be playing on hard courses in the bigger events, but just b/c par is over a certain number doesn't mean it's hard.