• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I hadn't played in actual round of golf in several weeks until yesterday. Mostly just been going out to my local course to putt. Just got a 166 Big Z Buzzz and had a crazy thought that it could replace my heavy Comets so that I could reduce molds. What a dumb thought. Even lighter weight Buzzz's are still so much more stable than Comets. So difficult for me to hyzer flip straight without having any fade at the end. Comet does this perfectly in the woods every time.

Domey Zglo Comet

I have a couple of the Discraft bar stamp domey glow z comets. They're pretty beefy for a comet. I really like these because it allows me to carry three comets and cover all my midrange shots. I occasionally throw in something really overstable if the wind is kicking up. I would definitely recommend finding some of the newer run domey glows as they are nice glidey flyers with a reliable hyzer finish to them.

MJ, any eta on the 2018 fundraiser comets?

I have a couple of the Discraft bar stamp domey glow z comets. They're pretty beefy for a comet. I really like these because it allows me to carry three comets and cover all my midrange shots. I occasionally throw in something really overstable if the wind is kicking up. I would definitely recommend finding some of the newer run domey glows as they are nice glidey flyers with a reliable hyzer finish to them.

MJ, any eta on the 2018 fundraiser comets?

Mines pretty US, I guess it's beef for a Comet. Not beefy though.

When I say beefy, I'd say it's a +1 versus a 0 on the discraft scale.

I got ya. Mines a true blue 0. Any scale. Every disc falls slightly left unless it turns all the way to the ground this one, when thrown well will turn come back and just gently sut as it dies down with forward momentum. If I turn it it holds all the way that and a beat to hell soft x Challenger are the only discs I can get a 200' anny that turns literally all the way down.

Finally got me a sig MJ comet to add the the collection. Purple with silver stamp. Your the man MJ! I'm trying to spread that comet love around here in Utah!

MJ, what is your opinion of the punisher, and what cranks do you think are most/least stable?
The jury is still out for me on the punished, haven't quite figured it out.
Cranks on the other hand, usually stiffer, clearer ones are more stable and glo usually is as well. Least stable break in an esp and it's flippy as all get out lol

Hey MJ saw you're registered for the silver cup in Wisconsin, what do you think of Rollin Ridge?

Hey MJ saw you're registered for the silver cup in Wisconsin, what do you think of Rollin Ridge?

I really enjoyed it the last time I was there. Really nice variety of holes and you can see the amount of work they have put in there.

I really enjoyed it the last time I was there. Really nice variety of holes and you can see the amount of work they have put in there.

Awesome, I live about an hour away and really enjoy making my way down there. I'm hoping I'll have time to come watch you guys tear it up this year.

This has probably been answered a long time, but there's a lot of pages here, and I apologize.

How does the stability of the MJ signature Comets compare to a stock run ESP comet?

Thanks!

Glad to say that I put the comet back in the bag for a round yesterday, the first time I pulled it out I hit chains on a turnover shot off the tee of a 250' hole, it'll have to stay in for a bit but it's always an on again off again affair. Do love this disc though.

This has probably been answered a long time, but there's a lot of pages here, and I apologize.

How does the stability of the MJ signature Comets compare to a stock run ESP comet?

Thanks!

The first batch of sigs that have been out are pretty similar flight line to regular esp runs. A little gripper feel on most of them though

I guess the Ledgestone 2018 discs will be out soon. Are we going to see any comets get some love in unique plastic blends? I would love to see a jawbreaker, Z crystal, esp glo, and of course more titanium comets. How much influence do you have in that department?

I guess the Ledgestone 2018 discs will be out soon. Are we going to see any comets get some love in unique plastic blends? I would love to see a jawbreaker, Z crystal, esp glo, and of course more titanium comets. How much influence do you have in that department?

If you get the Discraft newsletter, there are going to be production(sounds like it but maybe just for their website) runs of NEW blend Titanium and NEW Swirl ESP Comets sometime in the Spring.

Have to see how those turn out. The plastic is already available for other molds.