• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I think that initially my biggest problem was handling my temper when I was playing poorly. I have become much better at that over time. I throw bad shots all the time so I better get used to it! Lol, no but really, I have a deeper respect for the fact that bad shots inevitably happen and I'm not worried that bad play will cause an outburst. My frustrations have now turned more towards a misunderstanding of logistics and speaking my mind when it would just serve me better to shut it. I'm only going to offer my .02 when it is asked for and do my damnedest to be as diplomatic as possible.

Yeah everyone gets bad shot time to time. It is like when you are thinking about that shot, you figure 80% chance of good shot, 20% chance of bad shot then go ahead roll the dice and throw that shot and see what happens. What happens at course stays at course :) and move on. "Learn to Win" book has some good ideas on how to compartizing the emotions and staying at the present.

Hey MJ, there's a thread in General Discussion about what people would carry if there were a seven mold, twenty-five disc limit. You should pop over and let us know what you'd carry/throw!

it looks kinda like it does every year!!!!! I am not sure about the Mule if he is playing or not yet, i hope he atleast makes an appearance

Thanks for suggesting the Nest as THE course to play in NC in the Definitive CLT Definitive Poll for First Visit Courses :) Where would you take brand new disc golfers to play for the first time in CLT with added weight given to 1) natural beauty of landscape, 2) a chance that trees won't make every drive hell, and 3) worthy of skipping other great CLT courses?

cowbell.jpg

Thanks for suggesting the Nest as THE course to play in NC in the Definitive CLT Definitive Poll for First Visit Courses :) Where would you take brand new disc golfers to play for the first time in CLT with added weight given to 1) natural beauty of landscape, 2) a chance that trees won't make every drive hell, and 3) worthy of skipping other great CLT courses?

Reedy Creek and Winget are good for beginers but I would not call them natural beauties. I feel like the courses that fit all of your requirements would be Eastway or Bradford. Although both have some longer holes that would be tough for short throwers they are also good mixes of open and wooded with fair lines.

Edit: for the record I thought I was in the Charlotte course thread not the ask MJ thread lol

hornests nest, bradford, and winget all fit those catagories. And they are still funn and challenging for all levels of play

Your ability to shake off a bad shot and roll with the breaks during a round are impressive. Do you second guess or get pissed when you reflect on a round or is it water under the bridge? If you do reflect, can you comment on one shot during the 2012 worlds you would like back?

Latest posts