• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I love woods golf! Its another one of those areas i need to play

MJ, then you would absolutely fall in love with The Bear @ Highbridge Hills. Heck, I'd love to guide for you, if you're ever in the area ...:D

Thank you so much for your participation and sharing in this thread... much respect sir!

MJ, then you would absolutely fall in love with The Bear @ Highbridge Hills. Heck, I'd love to guide for you, if you're ever in the area ...:D

Thank you so much for your participation and sharing in this thread... much respect sir!

I'll take you up on it when i make it up that way.

I am glad that i can share some of my thoughts on the game and that people get some use out of it and enjoy it

Given all other variables are the same (trees/wind direction/drop-offs/etc), would you rather have a 30' uphill (5' of elevation) or a 40' downhill putt (5' of elevation)?

Why?

Downhill. For the most part it hust suits my eye better. I have just always enjoyed downhills more. But there are times and situations where the uphill would be easier

going to the extreme high speed they all end up doing the same thing until you learn how to input the proper amount of spin on them needed to make them fly correctly

How do I learn to put a proper amount of spin? Is it always that more spin is better or it depends?

How far away is too far when it comes to tournaments? There is a tourney coming up in Augusta Ga, which isnl't THAT far away. I am probably going to spectate and hopefully caddie if at all possible. It would be neat to see you out there.

How do I learn to put a proper amount of spin? Is it always that more spin is better or it depends?

Learning the proper amount of spin each disc likes takes time. Some discs and throws require more some less. Its all about experimenting and learning

Butting in here...

Much earlier in this thread, MJ talks about an exercise that I started doing that helps in general with the feel of imparting spin. You can do this sitting around watching TV, or like refreshing DGCR over and over.... ;)

Sitting in a chair, say, toss/catch a disc straight up beside you, perpencidular to the floor, and making it spin as much as possible without hitting the ceiling. Don't go too fast, because you want to make sure you're using your normal grip every time. (In fact, doing this fairly regularly has HELPED me fine-tune my mid-grip.) I've found it to be the best w/r/t mids, since they're really more about spin than disc speed.

It's harder (for me) to do this with wider-rimmed drivers without marking up the cieling, but it seems like the principle carries over to all throws once you're "on the course."

I just got a few of the "moon" stamped Glo Comets. Havent had a chance to throw them yet. Wondering if anyone has thrown them and if they compare to the stock Z or the LE Glo that DD put out? Thanks.

Better disc golfer if they had picked up the sport when they were 20 years old:

Lebron or Kobie?

Clinton or Obama?

Tiger or Nicklaus?

Montana or Brady?

Petty or Unser?

Hulk Hogan or Andre the Giant?

Last edited: