• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

MJ, how did you do in the Azalea? Kill it again. Was trying to get out there to watch but soccer games for the kids take front seat

Played well first 3 rounds, then like ass the last! But it was enough for a two stroke win in my fourth straight azalea open

MJ,
Seemed like you were somewhat more conservative that last round at Azalea. True? It seems like you were making the best of the situation, given your lead and the difficult time you were having.

Also, given the "vibe" in that lead group and your unusually difficult time with your game, I just want to say that I noticed and aprecited your good attitude and sportsmanship during the whole round.

BTW, your last round was still rated at 1000, I believe. Way to pull through.

MJ,
Seemed like you were somewhat more conservative that last round at Azalea. True? It seems like you were making the best of the situation, given your lead and the difficult time you were having.

Also, given the "vibe" in that lead group and your unusually difficult time with your game, I just want to say that I noticed and aprecited your good attitude and sportsmanship during the whole round.

BTW, your last round was still rated at 1000, I believe. Way to pull through.

Cant say i was trying to be conservative, just didnt have a great round. It happens out there at the Payne. Thank you for appreciating how i handle myself out there.

And it felt good to pull that win off

Is it nice to know that you can win a tournament and shoot a 1000 rated round on a bad day?

Nice shooting! One day my bad rounds will be 1000 rated!

I understand that you play to win but, at the same time, like to enjoy yourself in the process. If you could pick your three card mates for a final scores-are-tied, all-on-the-line round, who would they be?

I understand that you play to win but, at the same time, like to enjoy yourself in the process. If you could pick your three card mates for a final scores-are-tied, all-on-the-line round, who would they be?

Schwebby, Snoop, and Hysell?

MJ,
IMO one of the best aspects of your game is your mental state/attitude, which is one of my weak points. Do you have any tips for how to handle getting frustrated/angry/upset at yourself when playing?

Schweb, mike moser, and joey mela
that would be a good card

MJ,
IMO one of the best aspects of your game is your mental state/attitude, which is one of my weak points. Do you have any tips for how to handle getting frustrated/angry/upset at yourself when playing?

Its all really all about being able to compartmentalize everything and look at it after the round is done. I will try and give a longer explanation later

What do you think about players who listen to music during the round? I've never run into it, but I notice that Schultz has an ear bud in every video I've seen of him. Seems kind of disrespectful to the card in my opinion, but I gather it helps him with his focus?

Its all really all about being able to compartmentalize everything and look at it after the round is done. I will try and give a longer explanation later

Thanks. Looking forward to your long explanation. This is something that I have really struggled with. I believe that I physically have all the gifts, but my mentality is awful. It's definitely not due to a lack of trying to improve either.

What do you think about players who listen to music during the round? I've never run into it, but I notice that Schultz has an ear bud in every video I've seen of him. Seems kind of disrespectful to the card in my opinion, but I gather it helps him with his focus?

I dont really mind it as long as they keep it where they can still answer for score and keep up with the pace of play

Thanks. Looking forward to your long explanation. This is something that I have really struggled with. I believe that I physically have all the gifts, but my mentality is awful. It's definitely not due to a lack of trying to improve either.

The mental game is the toughest part of a tournament