• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

MJ you should swing by Delaware and play the A tier at Iron Hill on your way to Pittsburgh. $6000-$7000 added cash on a course made for you. Think a longer Nevin.

Last edited:
MJ you should swing by Delaware and play the A tier at Iron Hill on your way to Pittsburgh. $6000-$7000 added cash on a course made for you. Think a longer Nevin.

I have heard nothing but good things about that course. We will have to see what my schedule will work out like if I can do that as well

I have heard nothing but good things about that course. We will have to see what my schedule will work out like if I can do that as well

I've never had a need to throw a Comet or a Banger anywhere at Iron Hill, so I wouldn't say it suits your game at all.

Will Jimi get upset at this post, try to quote this, then realize what I'm doing?

YES MJ stamped comets! I can always use more fresh comets

ha, I didn't see it until looking for the response in the quote...

I will keep everyone on here posted
I picked up one from you last year and would have loved to get another but you had sold out at that point. So now I'm stuck with a sweet, sweet Come that I'm afraid to throw. haha.

Would be REALLY cool if they would run your stamp on some X & ESP Comets in addition to the pearly Z they did last year.

I picked up one from you last year and would have loved to get another but you had sold out at that point. So now I'm stuck with a sweet, sweet Come that I'm afraid to throw. haha.

Would be REALLY cool if they would run your stamp on some X & ESP Comets in addition to the pearly Z they did last year.

Trying to sort out what all to run them in

I may have asked this before on this thread but I don't remember. Are ESP Comets typically flatter than Z. I have 2 Z Comet's that have identical large domes and are very glidey but my ESP is much flatter and doesn't have the same glide. I bag both the ESP and 1 of my Z's. Is this typical for ESP's to be flatter?

^ Yeah, I asked this already and got a response. Ignore my question. I'm dumb. Bahahaa.

I have been playing around with comets and today while doing some practice with a 167, 175, and 176 x comet and a 177 cryztal comet I had a major "click."

I have been working on throwing higher and still keeping the disc nose down. I was doing this with buzzzes and patriots, but my success was sporadic and I was not getting that click. today i was throwing my comets with a slight tail wind high and nose down and watching them glide out to 300-325 feet. It was a thing of beauty. the 167 x comet is pretty beat and it needed a super clean release but when it got it it stayed in the air forever and flew dead straight and landed gently 325 feet away. It was amazing.

I could lean into the crystal comet a bit more and it was definitely more forgiving but it still glided for days before gently fading left. The heavier newer x comets flight right in between the other two i described. I was only throwing these at 70-75% power. I need to work on notching that up and still getting clean flight. comets are fun!

Hey Comet crew, what the most stable/os FLAT Comet? Ledgestone TI? Cryztal? I'm paring up a straight/stable 177+ ESP and a beat/turnover 177+ Glo with a 176 San Marino Q Sentinel and loving it. All board flat. All long and shallow for mids. But there's a gap there that could use a slightly OS Comet. Or just a comet with some fade to its finish.

But it has to be flat. Truly flat. So what's the deal?

Flat comets are usually the most flippy and glideless. You don't want any, trust me.

Yes, I do. I throw my flat ESP to 300. I don't need more than that. I need consistent feel.
But I'd look at a mild some if it came with added stability and/or LSF.

Last edited:
Yes, I do. I throw my flat ESP to 300. I don't need more than that. I need consistent feel.
But I'd look at a mild some if it came with added stability and/or LSF.

max weight crystal z. they are OS compared to the rest, its still going to be mildly domey though. the only real flat ones are the new esp.

my retro stamped big z had the least glide of all my comets. it wasn't any more overstable than my regular crystal z but it definitely had less distance.

so maybe also give those big z stamps a look.

Last edited: