• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Thanks for suggesting the Nest as THE course to play in NC in the Definitive CLT Definitive Poll for First Visit Courses :) Where would you take brand new disc golfers to play for the first time in CLT with added weight given to 1) natural beauty of landscape, 2) a chance that trees won't make every drive hell, and 3) worthy of skipping other great CLT courses?

i agree that eastway and bradford are two good bets for your criteria. well, i wouldn't call eastway's landscape super beautiful but at least it's not a tree ever y tee shot. bradford has some open holes and i would say it's more of a looker as well.

and even though it's a beast, renny (play black instead of gold for time and difficulty's sake) would be a good option. you'll have some open holes there. fun course.

You can only imagine how much laughter was on the other end of that phone. I think I pulled something, probably why I lost to Tic-Tic in the finals.

ok i got a question, do u throw the new plastic/discs when they come out for all companies? or do u keep a consistent bag and try to perfect what u have? also, have u met manti teos girlfriend?

i feel like ams either have too many molds or they try the new drivers that come out and set there game back a little, trying to learn that new disc instead of perfecting the molds they have and there technique

If you do reflect, can you comment on one shot during the 2012 worlds you would like back?

I follow MJ in some holes at 2012 Worlds and there is one very makeable putt (I would say maybe 15 feet or so) that he missed and he surely would like to get it back. What impressed me is that it is like no big deal and he is like looking forward for more DG to play! I guess in his mind, "shoot I missed the easy one, well it is like maybe 1 or 2% chance of missing that putt, so be it, focus better and move on".

Your ability to shake off a bad shot and roll with the breaks during a round are impressive. Do you second guess or get pissed when you reflect on a round or is it water under the bridge? If you do reflect, can you comment on one shot during the 2012 worlds you would like back?

i try not to second guess my mistakes or get aggravated at them, but it is tough not to. I mostly just do a good job not showing that i am affected by my mistakes. The biggest thing to realize you can do anything about a mistake or a miss during the round, let it go and sort it out after you get done. I go back after i get done playing for the day and look at what my mistakes were and see if it was a random occurance or something that i need to fix and work on.

theres not really one shot that stands out to me in my mind in the worlds i would like back that really bugs me or anything. I own up to my mistakes and move on from them

ok i got a question, do u throw the new plastic/discs when they come out for all companies? or do u keep a consistent bag and try to perfect what u have? also, have u met manti teos girlfriend?

i feel like ams either have too many molds or they try the new drivers that come out and set there game back a little, trying to learn that new disc instead of perfecting the molds they have and there technique

i usually keep a fairly consistent bag, i might stick one new thing in there to mess with and try out, but not alot. I do most of my messing with new stuff at the end of the year

I follow MJ in some holes at 2012 Worlds and there is one very makeable putt (I would say maybe 15 feet or so) that he missed and he surely would like to get it back. What impressed me is that it is like no big deal and he is like looking forward for more DG to play! I guess in his mind, "shoot I missed the easy one, well it is like maybe 1 or 2% chance of missing that putt, so be it, focus better and move on".

i know i am not perfect and cant make everything, so i just move on and let it slide. I dont play well mad, so no real use getting pissed at it for me :)

Mj could you use your pull at Discraft to get glow esp comets made?
Not Z, not Crystal, not photon, but esp glow. Not crappy glow either, I'm talking superglow like gateway or MVP.

They could be Mj fundraiser discs or whatever. They would sell out faster than prodigy and roc3 :)

After attaining the highly coveted 1st place trophy in the mixed doubles divison this weekend will it be hard to remain motivated for the rest of 2013? :D

Mj could you use your pull at Discraft to get glow esp comets made?
Not Z, not Crystal, not photon, but esp glow. Not crappy glow either, I'm talking superglow like gateway or MVP.

They could be Mj fundraiser discs or whatever. They would sell out faster than prodigy and roc3 :)

that would be sweet!!! Dont know how much pull i have at getting discs made though

After attaining the highly coveted 1st place trophy in the mixed doubles divison this weekend will it be hard to remain motivated for the rest of 2013? :D

after that i am done for the year!!!! All goals have been attained for 2013!!:hfive:

You should just have someone make you a "MJ" stamp of sorts and then put a custom disc order in with Discraft. Sell the "MJ" Comets or whatever else disc you order at $20 a disc.

$20 in person or $25 shipped. You would sell 100 discs FAST (You'd probably clear $10+ a disc- you do the math...). I'd buy one.

I'm sure Discraft would give you a great deal too....Maybe a stamp as simple is "MJ"? You could probably call tomorrow and have all the discs sold by Valentines Day.

You should just have someone make you a "MJ" stamp of sorts and then put a custom disc order in with Discraft. Sell the "MJ" Comets or whatever else disc you order at $20 a disc.

Yes please! I bet MJ Comets would sell really well, especially if signed.

I don't know you, just watch video's etc. and I'd buy a light (168ish) MJ predator since Krahn never seems to have any. Kids . .. only throwing heavy stuff . . .

$20 in person or $25 shipped. You would sell 100 discs FAST (You'd probably clear $10+ a disc- you do the math...). I'd buy one.

I'm sure Discraft would give you a great deal too....Maybe a stamp as simple is "MJ"? You could probably call tomorrow and have all the discs sold by Valentines Day.

^This. I'll buy an MJ anything, and I don't even throw comets.

Esp superglow comets, $30 each.
Never underestimate the buying power of forum disc golfers, especially during tax season ;)

i'll take 2.

Dana/Michael,

I think the minimum order for a special run is 5000....I may be wrong, however I still think you could move 5000 with your following. I would take 10! :thmbup: