• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Any update on the much-anticipated MJ ESP Comet review?

I have been throwing it now for a bit and i must say that i like it! Its not some really stable comet or something, but it is an amazing straight thrower. With power it turns over quite nicely. It wil make me take my x comet back out of the bag and put this one in just cause it lasts longer. It has a nice flight pattern, less stable than a Z and holds lines very well. It has taken a nice beating already ajd its holding up nicely. I like the grip of it, better than the last le esp run

MJ
Do you have overhand, sidearm roller or thumb roller in your bag of tricks?

Oh i most certainly do have those shots. I have a decent, workable thumber, not a long one, but i know what they do. Definitely use a flick roller alot to get out of jams. Thumb roller only gets used sometimes, but it is a useful little shot to have. I keep discs in the bag that can double for these shots and my normal backhaand and sidearm throws

I have been throwing it now for a bit and i must say that i like it! Its not some really stable comet or something, but it is an amazing straight thrower. With power it turns over quite nicely. It wil make me take my x comet back out of the bag and put this one in just cause it lasts longer. It has a nice flight pattern, less stable than a Z and holds lines very well. It has taken a nice beating already ajd its holding up nicely. I like the grip of it, better than the last le esp run
thanks for this!

picked up a max weight ESP Comet and tossed the best round of my year (44) so far basically using only the Comet (and putter + 2 driver shots).

Confidence

Hey Mj I really like your casual style of play. I'm struggling to shoot well in a tournament. I come back for Monday league every time and shoot lights out. How do I relax better in tournament settings It's like I forget how to putt/play under pressure. Any insight would help! I play in am2 pdga # 58171 you can see how I like to crumble

Hey Mj I really like your casual style of play. I'm struggling to shoot well in a tournament. I come back for Monday league every time and shoot lights out. How do I relax better in tournament settings It's like I forget how to putt/play under pressure. Any insight would help! I play in am2 pdga # 58171 you can see how I like to crumble

To be honest with you, its all about not putting to much expectations on yourself to shoot some certain number you would like to. You have to figure out how to put bad sots behind you and not think about it til after your round is done. Just go out and relax and have fun while you play

To be honest with you, its all about not putting to much expectations on yourself to shoot some certain number you would like to. You have to figure out how to put bad sots behind you and not think about it til after your round is done. Just go out and relax and have fun while you play

To add to this, if you go into a round expecting to have a few bad shots, it makes it a lot easier to put them behind you and move on without stressing yourself out.

:thmbup: .. thanks for the review buddy.. i have yet to toss to fondle one of the new runs but sounds like i need too :D

:thmbup: .. thanks for the review buddy.. i have yet to toss to fondle one of the new runs but sounds like i need too :D

They really are very nice, they remind me of the esp run from like 3 or 4 years ago

for some one who only throws around 275' on wooded courses mainly, do you think it would be a good idea to only throw comets and my magnets for everything, no drivers? ssrrry dumb question I knw.

Last edited:
for some one who only throws around 275' on wooded courses mainly, do you think it would be a good idea to only throw comets and my magnets for everything, no drivers? ssrrry dumb question I knw.

You can do that, but it would be a good idea to have a fairway driver in there to. It will help on a few things, but you can definitely get away with putters and mids. I would just recommend not throwing high speed drivers, if that is the distance you throw

Latest posts