• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I know nothing about them except what I posted unfortunately. :(

I would say your best bet would be to build up a lot of PayPal and put up a Wanted thread in the Marketplace.

I can tell you that there was 25 of those Z Ringers made, I have owned 3, I have lost 2. The other one will not be sold until I get another 2-3 off people. And you are correct, they are not cheap to find, running between 60-80 bucks

Hey Jax have you checked out the DGA Breaker? Supposed to be a modified ringer I think and it's out now in premium plastic

I don't think the Breaker is modified. I think it's just a premium ringer. I heard it called a ringer with a bead, but I felt up a ringer and thought it was beaded also.

I can tell you that there was 25 of those Z Ringers made, I have owned 3, I have lost 2. The other one will not be sold until I get another 2-3 off people. And you are correct, they are not cheap to find, running between 60-80 bucks

Thank you for the added info. I was hoping someone who was in the know would chime in.

Sorry I have been absent from here the last several days. Had some things go on that have kept me way. I haven't forgotten about it and I will answer everything in the next day or so

I don't think the Breaker is modified. I think it's just a premium ringer. I heard it called a ringer with a bead, but I felt up a ringer and thought it was beaded also.

The Breaker is a Ringer with an additional spacer in it. It's a little deeper IMO but just as awesome. Definitely a great disc.

I'll keep it going...

I've been trying out different grips lately and have settled on two fingers (RHBH) which seems to finally give me some snap, which I was lacking before. It's also easier to release discs with a bead cleaner. So I'm trying to throw the Comet more. It's great for a nice anny as long as I can keep it kind of low.

Today I hit Bradford where there are some tight tunnel shots where before I've been ok with the Comet. Not great, but ok. But today that thing turned right every time I expected it to go straight. It's a Z that I have been throwing lightly all summer. I don't know if it's suddenly broken in or I'm just now getting the snap on it to make it understable. The good thing about the two-finger grip for me is that I'm not having OAT problems like I had been.

Been over two weeks since this post. Hope all is well in mj's world.

Sorry i have been absent from the forums lately. Trying to get my game in shape to qualify on monday for the USDGC. I will return here soon, to our normal entertainment:clap:

I'll keep it going...

I've been trying out different grips lately and have settled on two fingers (RHBH) which seems to finally give me some snap, which I was lacking before. It's also easier to release discs with a bead cleaner. So I'm trying to throw the Comet more. It's great for a nice anny as long as I can keep it kind of low.

Today I hit Bradford where there are some tight tunnel shots where before I've been ok with the Comet. Not great, but ok. But today that thing turned right every time I expected it to go straight. It's a Z that I have been throwing lightly all summer. I don't know if it's suddenly broken in or I'm just now getting the snap on it to make it understable. The good thing about the two-finger grip for me is that I'm not having OAT problems like I had been.
Nice.

Forgive me if it's been asked before but now that you've had some time with them, how do you like the new production run of ESP Comets MJ?

also congrats on the hot round yesterday... hope you play well out there this week :thmbup:

Last edited:
Hello MJ, Fairly new to the forum. Have you tried the Crank yet. I like it but haven't had it in much wind yet. Also the new Ace race disc from discraft sounds tbird or eagle type fairway driver. Any experience with these? I really love Discraft not just cause I am from Michigan but I really feel I can play better with the D.