• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

I am a huge fan of the Mantis! It is the most reliable utility disc in my bag, holds any line I put it on, and goes the same distance every time.

But we want to hear MJ say these things.....not you. :D

Congratulations on the big win MJ! You deserve it! Will you let us know when you receive some new MJ comets to sell?

MJ! Watching you win the HOFC NT has been one of the best disc golf moments of the year! Congratulations!

I agree that Discraft need an MJ production Comet. After all, watching him throw last year inspired me to buy mine.
Yeah, I'd buy another with his sig on it.

that white disc was a glo z buzz with a homegrown tour stamp on it

nice that was my first guess when i saw it... things are beefy! have a buddy that cycles them and has multiple in the bag and even his seasoned one is still beefy .. for a buzzz anyway

I agree that Discraft need an MJ production Comet. After all, watching him throw last year inspired me to buy mine.
Yeah, I'd buy another with his sig on it.

Sign me up too, I would definitely by an MJ Comet, and an MJ Mantis.

I'm thinking a jet black no stamp comet with MJ's signature near the rim.

The quick issue of the no stamp smoke black comets they had out for a while really made me want that disc again.

I throw the truth now because I rebuilt my bag with triology stuff. But I would love to have a comet for nostaligia and to compare/contrast against the truth.

So yeah discraft let's make it happen!

Last edited:
Hey MJ, question for you. I have always had trouble with the Hyzer flip shot. When I throw at it either just keeps hyzer ing or I have to roll my wrist over and turn it over to get it to go straight any expertise or advice on how to produce A reliable Hyzer flip ?

Hey MJ, question for you. I have always had trouble with the Hyzer flip shot. When I throw at it either just keeps hyzer ing or I have to roll my wrist over and turn it over to get it to go straight any expertise or advice on how to produce A reliable Hyzer flip ?

Learn your discs in a field. THrow understable discs on hyzer... Really on hyzer; finish with your throwing hand high not just across your body.

Thanks for the feedback. It always seems when I throw anhyzer I get so much more power than I do when I throw Hyzer.

I finally got a chance to watch some footage of the HOFC - great win, MJ!

How on earth do you keep your composure out there? You were on a card with past world champions and made it through a playoff with the world's number one player yet the camera never (or very seldom) picked up on you showing any emotion. My current struggle is trying to have the same reaction to all my shots regardless of whether I sink a big putt or roll out of bounds. Any other tips for the mental game?

How on earth do you keep your composure out there? You were on a card with past world champions and made it through a playoff with the world's number one player yet the camera never (or very seldom) picked up on you showing any emotion.

MJ does not have to try to maintain his composure--its there all the time, he is just having fun. I've played several casual rounds with him and he is happier when his card mates hit a good shot than he is with his own perfection.

I got buddies that can't play very well but they love MJ and like to watch him play his game. It is a pleasure to watch such a calm demeanor and such a pure clean swing and follow through. Seems like the smoother he throws the further the dang disc goes. He is not the best in the world but to most of his followers his is a game to aspire to and try to mimic not only his technique but his love for this game that is most apparent from hole one to hole done.

This guy has all the tools to win multiple tourneys a year. Super gifted natural smooth throw. So beautiful to watch, accuracy is on point.

Most of all he is so easy to root for, class act and an asset to the image of disc golf.

Thanks MJ!

sorry i missed this. give me a day or two to get back to you on this one

Hey MJ, I see you are signed up to play the Harmon Hills Highland Fling. That's a tough course, I can't think of a course better designed for your skills set. Best of Luck

Hey MJ, I have to say you are one of my favourites to watch! I'm currently sorting out my driver set up and recently picked up a heat to add to my lineup. I also have the Predator and was considering the mantis since you said it complimented the heat well. Can you clarify that more? Also I'm afraid if I go to these drivers I may have a gap between my mods and these drivers... They seem to be a bit fast for fairways... Do you agree?

Latest posts