• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ask MJ & Comet Love Thread

Thanks everyone. It was a damn fun time up in Vermont. Truly one of the prettiest places to play golf this time of year

The first hole looked like a fake background in a movie set.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vermont.jpg
    Vermont.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 426
They created a drop zone after he threw a tee shot ob. The rules said go to drop zone but it did not exist when the round started so he assistant td set it up after start

They created a drop zone after he threw a tee shot ob. The rules said go to drop zone but it did not exist when the round started so he assistant td set it up after start

As an alternative to leaving the course, could MJ have played his shot from the DZ and then played a provisional shot equivalent to how other players ahead of him would have presumably played their next throw, and then appealed to the actual TD after the round? And then to the PDGA if necessary? Of course all subsequent cards to MJ's would have had to do the same thing to keep the playing field potentially level for everyone.

And if playing without the DZ meant re-teeing from the tee pad and taking S&D, well that's another issue as well since there was obviously no waiver granted. So now I'm even more confused lol.

Good for you MJ sounds like the sneaky pete was some busch league $#!+
I'm not surprised, I'm not a fan of some of those BADG guys.
MJ was probably bored of all those long, boring field holes.

That's what I was suspecting, ha ha. That course on Shamrock looked like a snoozefest on a lot of holes.

In all fairness Dave, this issue had nothing to do with BADG. We were neither host nor TD's, all we were responsible for was course maintenance at Cedarock Park including the Rock Creek course which was fairly well received.

You should come out and play Springwood some time, we used your idea for hole #8's new blue tee. A lot of improvements have been made over the original design, with most, if not all safety issues being addressed.

It'd be great to see you out slingin discs some time!

In all fairness Dave, this issue had nothing to do with BADG. We were neither host nor TD's, all we were responsible for was course maintenance at Cedarock Park including the Rock Creek course which was fairly well received.

You should come out and play Springwood some time, we used your idea for hole #8's new blue tee. A lot of improvements have been made over the original design, with most, if not all safety issues being addressed.

It'd be great to see you out slingin discs some time!

I stand corrected, mea culpa.

Who were the TDs for that? So the hole was supposed to have a drop zone and it didn't, and some assistant TD made one up on the fly after another card had played that hole? Is that the gist of it?

idk man, I wasn't there...anything I communicate is second or third hand.

On a positive note, there will be an AWESOME hybrid course set up for the 1st Annual Heroes Classic, sponsored by BADG. The event will take place at Indian Valley Golf Course in Burlington, NC. The course will be all to ourselves on October 29th...they shut down for the day, so we won't have to keep an eye out for golf balls flying around!

This is a charity event with proceeds going to Homes for Our Troops. Check out our tournament page or website, for more details.

Always looking for ways to give back to the community, come out and join us.

Always accepting ctp, raffle, or monetary donations (tax-deductible)

This will be a great event!

They tried putting in a drop zone on a hole that wasn't marked anywhere or ever put out on the course until the event had started

Congrats on the T4 with Eagle, MJ. What were some of the more memorable moments?

Ditto this. Too bad the tourney was cut short, with that kind of weather it could have been anybody's game.

Latest posts