• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Daredevil Thread

93EXCivic

Double Eagle Member
It seems like every other manufacturer has their own thread so here is one for Daredevil.

Is anyone else throwing Daredevil?

Personally I have tried out the Mammoth (same disc as the RDG Armorflex Raptor), the Timberwold (same disc as the RDG Armorflex Raptor), the Caribou, the Grizzly, the Bighorn and the Woodchuck. They are interesting in that rename and renumber their disc for each plastic out of the same mold. Although I find that the flight numbers change from plastic to plastic tend to be a little over exaggerated. IE the Caribou is not IMO 4 5 -3 1 more like a 4 5 -1 1. I do like a lot of their plastics. The standard Grip plastic reminds me a lot of Trilogy medium. They just released a stiffer Grip plastic with the Bighorn putter which is freaking awesome. It feels a lot like a stiffer Gateway SSS (probably an SS but I have never tried that plastic). I am really hoping they put out a midrange in this plastic. The Flex is probably hardest to describe. It is flexible like GStar but not gummy like GStar. I personally think it feels great. The Elastic plastic is a super floppy plastic. High performance is a champ style plastic and to be honest, I think it is the worst champ style plastic on the market. I also don't really like Champion style plastic though (except Legacy Pinnacle).

I am currently bagging the Raptor and the Caribou (in place of my Comet).

Don't bag but have thrown the Caribou and the Grizzly.

Caribou almost flew like a Shark. Their base plastic is pretty nice and the the Grizzly was a solid OS midrange that I could do some cool flex lines with. It was kind of Rocish.

Timberwolf is an awesome disc. My dad swears by a Woodchuck as his putter. I started throwing a lot of 150 class recently and love the Swift Fox. It's sort of Leopard like but easier for me to turn over but that's probably the weight; haven't thrown a 150 Leopard. Thanks for the thread. :)

I'm going to try and grab a Timberwolf to test out, that seems to be the most brought up/widely thrown disc in their lineup.

The Walrus mold looks interesting. I hope they release it in a plastic other then Elastic soon.

What is the Walrus supposed to fly like?

It is an overstable beaded mid. Daredevil say 4 5 0 3.

I don't get why they released it in Elastic first but I can imagine if it becomes available in the stiffer Grip it seems like the kind of disc a lot of people will like.

I had a timber wolf and a wolverine in the bag for a while. for me the timber wolf flew like a fresh cyclone real straight with a mild fade. the wolverine a longer banshee. I like them but switched to lighter plastic.

It seems like every other manufacturer has their own thread so here is one for Daredevil.

Is anyone else throwing Daredevil?

Personally I have tried out the Mammoth (same disc as the RDG Armorflex Raptor), the Timberwold (same disc as the RDG Armorflex Raptor), the Caribou, the Grizzly, the Bighorn and the Woodchuck. They are interesting in that rename and renumber their disc for each plastic out of the same mold. Although I find that the flight numbers change from plastic to plastic tend to be a little over exaggerated. IE the Caribou is not IMO 4 5 -3 1 more like a 4 5 -1 1. I do like a lot of their plastics. The standard Grip plastic reminds me a lot of Trilogy medium. They just released a stiffer Grip plastic with the Bighorn putter which is freaking awesome. It feels a lot like a stiffer Gateway SSS (probably an SS but I have never tried that plastic). I am really hoping they put out a midrange in this plastic. The Flex is probably hardest to describe. It is flexible like GStar but not gummy like GStar. I personally think it feels great. The Elastic plastic is a super floppy plastic. High performance is a champ style plastic and to be honest, I think it is the worst champ style plastic on the market. I also don't really like Champion style plastic though (except Legacy Pinnacle).

I am currently bagging the Raptor and the Caribou (in place of my Comet).

How are both the mammoth and timerwolf the same disc as RDG's Raptor?

The Buffalo is the RDG Raptor in base plastic, so I guess that actually makes it the baseline Mammoth!

Last edited:
Many of their molds are the same diac in different plastic. The Sabertooth/Mammoth/Buffalo/Ogopogo are the same mold which is also the Raptor the Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch are the same mold.

There are some more but I'm not super well versed on their slower discs.

Many of their molds are the same diac in different plastic. The Sabertooth/Mammoth/Buffalo/Ogopogo are the same mold which is also the Raptor the Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch are the same mold.

There are some more but I'm not super well versed on their slower discs.

What's the reasoning for that? Are they calling the same mold in different plastics different discs just in case they don't turn out the same? Would that be to avoid the 'how does A disc fly in G plastic' kind of questions?

They felt that the different plastics/weights made them different enough to be approved under a different name I guess.

Honestly, seems like a waste of money and good names!

So I'm going to try the Timberwolf. Any other suggestions for another mold? Leaning towards another driver.

So I'm going to try the Timberwolf. Any other suggestions for another mold? Leaning towards another driver.

One of their overstable drivers, Buffalo, Sabertooth or Mammoth depending on which plastic you like. Or the Bighorn putter because the plastic is so awesome.

One of their overstable drivers, Buffalo, Sabertooth or Mammoth depending on which plastic you like. Or the Bighorn putter because the plastic is so awesome.

I like the plastic that the Grizzly was made in, so which is that?

Marshall St. Just got a bunch. Infinate has a lot too.