• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Daredevil Thread

Bought a couple Moose to test because that's my dog's name. Wasn't really expecting much and they really surpassed my expectations. Flat releases 280-330 were dead straight with a nice soft fade. They also held slow pushing hyzer lines very well. Awesome disc. Can anyone fill me in on how durable the Flex Performance plastic is?
I tried a few Daredevils, and the Moose was thew one I kept. Agree with your comments on flight.

I've really liked the Pteranodon I started using this winter. It flies nice and straight with a minor fade at the end for 280-300ft shots. It will hold angles the entire flight, whether hyzers or anhyzers. It reminds me of a perfectly beaten in Roc before it gets turn, from my experience. The plastic is definitely a star style plastic. There are no major dings in it, despite hitting a few trees point blank. It maintains it's shape nicely but is fairly flexible when trying to be bent. It was fantastic in particular for snow disc golf rounds, with soft landings due to the flight characteristics and a nice bright yellow plastic that can bend for winter durability.

Been using the Moose as a workhorse mid for the past few weeks and it's awesome. Just barely less stable than my friend's Ghosts with a much more comfortable rim. They fly great in a bit of headwind as well. Genuinely surprised I can't find any love for this disc ANYWHERE.

Just tried a Moose today and it's indeed quite straight with a nice slow fade finish. I started trying soft and very soft discs recently (elevation discs) so I remembered that Daredevil make some in soft rubber like material (Woodchuck, Walrus, ...) and soft plastic one called Flex Performance (moose, timberwolf, ...) so I bought a few to try.

The Walrus flight numbers are 4 5 0 3 but the one I just tried was more like 4 5 -2 1. Nice straight glidy midrange easy to flip to straight with a little finish.

I have been throwing my Ptero (RDG Branded Timberwolf in "armor" plastic) a bit more again. The stiffer ones are much like my stable craves but feel more like the teebirds and tyrants I am used to. Basically using it when I want minimal fade, great overall straight flight. I have only been be able to keep one long enough to beat it in a little, they wear slow. I tend to give em away or lose em before they change much. Luckily they seem to be very similar color to color and it hasn't mattered. Anyone know if the timberwolf or other mold sharing version has more flip up and turn?

Well from the numbers, I haven't thrown em myself.. the swift fox comes in with a ? 5 -3 1 the Timberwolves actually sound more stable than the Ptero ? ? -1 1, I think they were ? 6 0 1 when I looked. The wolverine is ? 5 -2 2.

I have a yellow amberflex Ptero that has notable turn to it, somewhere between -1.5 and -2. It still has the minimal fade and a great flight. It just needs some decent hyzer for hyzerflip straight shots. I haven't thrown any of the other daredevil versions yet.