• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THE DEFINITIVE PORTABLE BASKET THREAD

Are you leaving it outside in the elements? If you are, I would look at the Chainstar.

It might get left out there from time to time but most times I would just bring it in on the screened in porch. I actually looked at chainstar prices and I'm going with the DGA lol I thought they were closer to $300 and not $450

Best backyard basket

Any opinions out there on the best basket for backyard practice?

Thanks

I have an Innova Discatcher Sport that is less than $200, catches pretty nice, and very portable. I can grab it and carry the whole thing fully assembled over my shoulder pretty easily. This was a gift and I'm very happy to have it, but the Gateway Titan-24 portable is the best thing since sliced bread and pockets on jeans. 24 chains, heavy duty construction, and everything just pops into place--no screwdriver needed like my Discatcher (which is still only 6 screws though). Last I checked, you can order direct from Gateway and for $290.00 you get the Titan-24 and 5 or 6 putters of your choice, so that's definitely something to factor in.

i love my dga m-15, no chains added. she is a finicky mistress but has made me a better putter. i've had mine for almost 3 years and it doesn't have a spot of rust. pretty lightweight and easy to move.

I have the (forget name) folding innova portable basket and it works great.
The biggest reason for my putting improvement, other than the obvious getting in more practice thing, is that it presents a smaller target than a full size basket out on the course.

When I can confidently drain 25 footers on this the baskets on the course just seem huge

There is another great thread for homemade and unique baskets. This is ( a semi out of date) reference to help people choose which basket is best for themselves. Thanks for the thread bump though!

Great read. I have or have at one time had an M14, Discatcher Sport, In Step, Traveler with Mesh, new Traveler with no mesh, Skill Shot and a portable Mach III. I love the Traveler for ease and I can fit all 10 I have in the trunk of my Camery.

All do a decent job of catching and it really comes down to a preference of what's right for you.

I love my Innova Traveler basket, so easy to throw in the car or the boat, set up, and play anywhere. Kind of amazing how long it's been out, and how there's still nothing that even comes close to its weight and portability.

My only wish is that it had a shoulder strap that would collapse the basket when you pick it up.

Had to post this somewhere.... just purchased an innova traveller (pentagon shhaped catch... 6 chains) for $50 from a guy I play leagues with. Freaking steal! So glad to have something to practice with.... and keep my dbag neighbors up with.

Latest posts