• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. Excellent guess Bennett, 350 signed and numbered MVP nanos + the 5 Innova test minis that are buried. It was mostly a labor of love, entry fee to a great tournament, some extra yummies, and all materials costs were covered. We're no different in KC, everybody here wants to help make our hometown tournament the very best of tournaments!

It did generate a bit of a buzz so the extra ones I happened to have sold well (Thanks Dick and Dave at Disc Golf World for the tent space).

A couple of my favorites.

MVPnanoDSC_5653_zps8198c86e.jpg

MVPnanoDSC_5673_zps5a9dcc6e.jpg

MVPnanoDSC_5668_zpsc7d736b5.jpg

MVPnanoDSC_5654_zpsea8d61a0.jpg

Seriously. I am loving all the cool disc designs. Before recently I never knew people did this to their discs! It's awesome to see the artistic abilities of everyone on here. I would love to make some custom disc designs.

Keep up the good work! And :thmbup: to every Calvin and Hobbes I see :clap:

Dan....... I have no words :eek:
Bigman..... just awesome! Hope all you dads had a great day.

Here is my first failed trial with the punky color. I salvaged it into something my son may actually throw. Yellow Ion
dragoneyenebulamedion.jpg

Here is my first failed trial with the punky color. I salvaged it into something my son may actually throw. Yellow Ion

Doesn't look like a failure to me. Looks like the iris of someone's eye. Pretty cool.

I think that's actually pretty cool! Kind of like some green colored crystal ball.

DTP - I don't think I'd ever refer to something that purty as a "failure". I think that thing looks AWESOME!

Did you do the gradient w/the punky color? I tried using it w/a spin technique, and it just came out 'meh'. Like the iDye a lot better for that method.

DTP - I don't think I'd ever refer to something that purty as a "failure". I think that thing looks AWESOME!

Did you do the gradient w/the punky color? I tried using it w/a spin technique, and it just came out 'meh'. Like the iDye a lot better for that method.

Thank you, bmx, and all. I only label it a fail because the green dyed only as a solid color rather than 'wavy' like it looked on the disc before rinsing. I really liked how the blue came out but didn't think it was enough. Went back and added some red to the underside of the yellow disc and then topped it off with an airbrush gradient to make it more 3-D and a spin dye black 'pupil'

First off, it looks cool as all get out:clap:, so you really only failed to make it match the vision in your head.

I've had the punky look awesome too, only to be washed away into a blur; the key is patience. Let that thing sit there like two days.

^the dye used to make the 'brainwave' type dyes is a hair dye called punky color. You can google it and find it online. My wife picked some up for me at a local 'beauty shop' type place.

Wow dan!!! That is awesome... did you do all of those yourself or did you have help? I am doing something similar for the Lexington Open next year :)

First dye

First dye! It doesn't compare to all of these but here you go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 142
Late to the party, but those Dan Howard circle dyed minis remind me of the art for the band Lemon Jelly.

Attachments

• 87645_large.jpeg
    87645_large.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 220px-LemonJellyKY.png
    220px-LemonJellyKY.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.