• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2nd attempt at sc marbling, (my 1st attempt was Epic Fail). I'll consider this one a success 'cuz I got the consistency right and the colors are strong. Now I need to work on my marbling design. :)
CIMG8765.jpg
[/IMG]

I an see what you were going for there, but the one thing that i still hard to remember is unless you paint on the SC pressing the disc will expand your design in weird ways if given the wrong pressure. Also try and put more dye into the bed to get rid of those white areas that like to show themselves. Good job overall, but don't throw it in a flower patch ;)

I an see what you were going for there, but the one thing that i still hard to remember is unless you paint on the SC pressing the disc will expand your design in weird ways if given the wrong pressure. Also try and put more dye into the bed to get rid of those white areas that like to show themselves. Good job overall, but don't throw it in a flower patch ;)

Yeah, way too much white showing. High visibility was a priority for this disc, though, and I learned a lot, so I'm fairly happy with it.

Cant someone help me out with the dye. I would supply whatever disc you thought would make it look good. and would like you have freedom to make it look good and use as many colors as you wanted. I would not need all the detail around the trophey and would be willing to take anything else to make the disc easier. let me know

http://www.sportsauthority.com/larg...g.net/graphics/product_images/p12313157dt.jpg

f75fc.jpg

my new favorite dye

not impressed with the way the SC caused the black to bleed (put it in freezer for about an hour after hot dipping and between SC bath, maybe not long enough?), but other then that I'm happy with this. My first time with a shaving cream marble

f75fc.jpg

my new favorite dye

not impressed with the way the SC caused the black to bleed (put it in freezer for about an hour after hot dipping and between SC bath, maybe not long enough?), but other then that I'm happy with this. My first time with a shaving cream marble

that's odd. don't think i've ever seen that happen. the black should have been more than set...

Haven't had it affect black, but I did get that on some red once. I don't do the freezer thing between dips/methods, but I do rinse well in hot water followed by a sponge with dish soap. Seems to get any residual dye out of the way. Cool dye! Is it on pro or champ?

f75fc.jpg

my new favorite dye

nice bird thats on a firebird oc right?

Don't put it int he freezer between hot dip and marbling. Hot water and soap, a good rinse, and then right into the SC. This fuzzing happened because it most likely; had some residual dye or had frost from the freezer which affected the way the dye set after being put into SC. Hot dip into sc after in the best way to not get the fuzzing black lines. Looks good though, like the fire marble.:thmbup:

Don't put it int he freezer between hot dip and marbling. Hot water and soap, a good rinse, and then right into the SC. This fuzzing happened because it most likely; had some residual dye or had frost from the freezer which affected the way the dye set after being put into SC. Hot dip into sc after in the best way to not get the fuzzing black lines. Looks good though, like the fire marble.:thmbup:

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it, I'm learning alot from this forum.

^^^This forum has helped me a lot so glad to give back!

Champ Monster, missed a weed side left but it's going in my bag so I may not fix it. If so a little sc painting should do the trick. Drawback of this disc is you can't ace, it turns the basket to stone.

IMG00529-20120422-1133.jpg

The downside to being a perfectionist with the dyes is that nobody elses sees the goof, but for you it's a lasting reminder of error. I speak from experience, even discs that came out great except for that one error I've ended up dumping because it mocks me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts