• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the design on this one, but it wasn't done very cleanly. I got the black too moist while setting which resulted in some bleeds, and for some reason beyond me one side of the purple ring just didn't really take...I don't get it. But, in concept, I like it. It is a premium Prodiscus Legenda.

Attachments

• offcenter.jpg
    offcenter.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 139
Roggenb3,

That is COOL!:clap:

Kinda looks like fingerprints where the color didn't take. Are you cleaning the disc and wearing gloves?

Peace,
-Jeff

Roggenb3,

Kinda looks like fingerprints where the color didn't take. Are you cleaning the disc and wearing gloves?

Peace,
-Jeff

That could very well be it. I cleaned it, and I always start wearing gloves, but they annoy me, so by the end of doing something like this I always seem to not have gloves on anymore. Where it didn't take would be about where I was touching it when moving the center back and forth for the black lines (although it was cleaned again after the black and before the color....)

Oh well, I am planning on trying this design again soon, but with more and thinner lines, so hopefully I can do it better the second time through.

Loving off center circles.

Roggenb3,

Peace,
-Jeff

my thoughts too. maybe oils from your skin or something that was on your hands... cheetohs perhaps lol. anything that would have created a film. also if your stripping the stamp with acetone, are you washing and drying the disc prior to dying?

Train Your Dragon for my son's girlfriend and Steal Your Chains for a friend.

I really like the off-center spinner, roggen. Nice to see something different than the regular old circular spins, which, while quite cool, are becoming overdone and aren't terribly impressive from a level-of-difficulty standpoint. This looks like it took a lot of concentration and a great mind for design. Looking forward to you doing more of these!

I really like the off-center spinner, roggen. Nice to see something different than the regular old circular spins, which, while quite cool, are becoming overdone and aren't terribly impressive from a level-of-difficulty standpoint. This looks like it took a lot of concentration and a great mind for design. Looking forward to you doing more of these!

And with that said...Odyssey just felt a swift, phantom kick in the nuts! :p

Dyes

A few quick ones from today. Captain 'Merica on a beat up star Valk. Purple spin dye on an old z buzzz. Glue spin/trash bag on a Blizz Wraith.

one out of four of todays dyes.
3_11.jpg

My girlfriend wanted to learn how to dye discs last night. She doesn't play but wanted to learn anyway. She wanted it to kinda look like a rock with mica.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415111709.298317.jpg
Pretty cool actually.

I love Prodiscus! Especially the clear type Premium stuff. Is this their "regular" premium, or their newest plastic?

I heard they came out with a newer premium plastic called Ultrium, but it is only available overseas thus far.

Here's a copy cat dye of my trespass I just did for someone on a Patriot. First time dyeing Pinnacle plastic...Not bad...Takes a little harder than lucid...Closer to champion

resizedPatriot_zps33641c38.jpg

First try at this kind of technique with dye and bags on light blue star eagle x

Attachments

• IMG_20141106_003910.jpg
    IMG_20141106_003910.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts