• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after two weeks of off and on work I finished this Evo Wizard for TurkeyRoc. Hands down the toughest disc I have had to do so far.
IMG00415-20120307-1111.jpg

That's not even fair.

awesome job

Finally after two weeks of off and on work I finished this Evo Wizard for TurkeyRoc. Hands down the toughest disc I have had to do so far.
IMG00415-20120307-1111.jpg

Thats insane. Something to be proud of, ND.

I would LOVE it, if you would go through the process for us. If you are not to burned out to do so. :)

just when I think I'm an pretty good dyer, NorthernDisc goes and does something magnificent and puts me back in my place.

One of my favorite movie characters, Hannibal Lecter.
CIMG8737.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my first multi color. The SC red was an experament. I put the disc in the SC with only the clear parts masked. This made a cool marble effect in the blue. I could not get it to show on the pic but the blue areas have a purple marble to them becuase of the red.

wheel2.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats insane. Something to be proud of, ND.

I would LOVE it, if you would go through the process for us. If you are not to burned out to do so. :)
Thanks for all the kind words guys! My process was a black dip for lines, painted on the background, then did the different colors by painting sc and de masking small sections at a time. Did about 4 passes on painting to get the colors right.

my newest creation... on a flash...the stamp was a pain in the arse!! left all kinds of scratch looking marks tried goo gone....still there...also had a bubble on the bear's left ear... my exacto skills are still being honed....View attachment 22768

Attachments

• disc dye 4.jpg
    disc dye 4.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 170
Thx for sharing your techniques NorthernDisc, very nice disc! I've had the metal poster below on the wall for well, forever... never really considered it for a disc, way to not be intimidated!

Attachments

• aoxomoxoa art DSC_0388.JPG
    aoxomoxoa art DSC_0388.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 201
I was very intimidated, and at times I thought I should go a different route. Originally my buddy had just asked for the lettering with maybe the skull dude on it too. I decided to see what I could do and since he is my best bud I knew he wouldn't mind what I did. Glad I got through it, really proud of that one. Pissed my sc ran the last time getting the tree trunks or else it was perfect to me. Everything I did on this disc I learned on this site from guys like you Dan so, thank you.

my first attempt at multiple dip dyes

z1nyq.jpg

for my fiance, there's shading in the eyes that's kind of hard to take a pic of

1z2o8ro.jpg

for my mom

jqnokk.jpg

my attempt to hide a super inked up teebird
it looks better then before, but dying it solid black would have a similar effect

Status
Not open for further replies.