• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started with dying a few days ago and more times than not, I have a problem with the contact paper bunching around the edges giving me the bleeding. Is there a way to prevent this? Or is it just a practice makes prefect scenario?

Also, love the Jake dye. Looks great!

From what I have read and seen in videos, contact paper is low on the list to use for your stencils. Every thing I have seen reccomends 3M brand mid grade sign making vinyl. It will stick better and you can get get the material to stretch lightly to seal better on curved surfaces when you are smoothing out the designs with a straight edge.

I just started with dying a few days ago and more times than not, I have a problem with the contact paper bunching around the edges giving me the bleeding. Is there a way to prevent this? Or is it just a practice makes prefect scenario?

Also, love the Jake dye. Looks great!

If you heat the contact paper up a little with a hair dryer before you stick it to the disc. It will make it more playable. I exclusively use contact paper and have no issues. Practice makes perfect. Vinyl is the way to go, but I choose clear contact paper myself.

I only put the stencil on this Blizzard Katana, it was already tie-dyed. I thought the yellow center looked like the sun.

I love this dye and how it kind of flickers when you throw it. I did two of them myself I liked the design so much.

Attachments

• HPIM0812.jpg
    HPIM0812.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 73
I love this dye and how it kind of flickers when you throw it. I did two of them myself I liked the design so much.

Last summer, I did one with the same design I used on this one, but with the sun rays like yours, and I lost it. This was supposed to replace it, but it flys totally different, so I'm gonna sell or trade it.

P1010436_zps49e4d1de.jpg

Today's dye

Dip dyed all the black outlines, removed all vinyl except foreground, shaving cream pattern, airbrushed blade, removed rest of vinyl, color in the rest by paint method like a coloring book.

That thing is AWESOME Bigman! I love seeing your airbrush work - really makes that thing pop. Fantastic!

Great work, Bigman. I've loved the airbrush look ever since I saw The Crow.:thmbup:

Here's one I did recently, I like the way it came out even though the image has been used to death.

8832430618_816015a2f2.jpg

8832413366_f89531cf2b.jpg

Thanks all!

Holotone, Yup hand brushed obi

GH, I love how you wisped out the marble on that evolution disc. How did you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.