• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stencil is not bad at all. Next time burnish down the tape a little more and it will be great. What you could do now is take a white or yellow paint marker and outline all the black edges. Might make for a pretty cool look and it would clean up all the bleeds on the edges. DecoColor have a pretty good durability but any kind should do the job. I dig them all and you had a fantastic first round of dying!

Is that an electric AvengerSS that you are charging up?

haha yes, in fact it is! I had just gotten done with my first spin, and it was still on the fan. I've found that the small fan that i use is REALLY hard to get centered on so I may just break down and get a normal box fan. I use an in line dimmer, and never had to rewire anything. It's not the greatest speed control, but it does the trick for now. I may end up rewiring the big box when i do that.

Next time burnish down the tape a little more and it will be great. What you could do now is take a white or yellow paint marker and outline all the black edges. Might make for a pretty cool look and it would clean up all the bleeds on the edges.

FYI paint markers add 'detectable thickness', which makes discs illegal for PDGA sanctioned play.

yeah i wouldn't use paint markers. I was going to go over it with sharpie, but then figured, what the hell, it was my first stencil, it wasn't meant to be perfect.

Rufio!

Had to post, this is from Rob Edwards, on a sparkle Ghost:

10553387_10203667845730191_5969665474391876981_n.jpg

10527383_10203667846090200_2223104823821451097_n.jpg

Been a while since I've posted one of my dyes.
This is one I just shipped to Mike C

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 87
Surprise, you a-hole

So my buddy gave me his Glow Firebird and told me to dye whatever I wanted on it. This is what I surprised him with. What's funny is this disc has gotten more hype online than ANY of my other dye jobs.

Attachments

• Unicorns.jpg
    Unicorns.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 119
Proud Member

I don't generally redo a dye job that I've previously done but I had to make myself one of these after I got this as a custom order. Really happy with how this one turned out. On a sky blue Star Maxx

Attachments

• Proud Member.jpg
    Proud Member.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 83
rob, its always so nice to see your dyes make a peek out of the seldom... miss your constant inspiration man. good work as always!

Just saw one of your sticks on a garbage can at Hickory yesterday! You movin in on my territory, bro? Jk...lol ;)

How you like playing Hick? Did you shoot 19?

Just saw one of your sticks on a garbage can at Hickory yesterday! You movin in on my territory, bro? Jk...lol ;)

How you like playing Hick? Did you shoot 19?

had no clue you where up that way. that course was awesome! hick and carlys are now my #2 and #3 course and also in the state! my gf and i played the full course, and we also got to carlys. we where only in town for 24 hours... had to get down to cadillac wed for our long weekend family reunion. i can't wait to get back!!!

had no clue you where up that way. that course was awesome! hick and carlys are now my #2 and #3 course and also in the state! my gf and i played the full course, and we also got to carlys. we where only in town for 24 hours... had to get down to cadillac wed for our long weekend family reunion. i can't wait to get back!!!

Yea, just moved back upstate for a good job at the beginning of summer. Yea Hickory and Carly are great. I play Hick usually 4-5 times a week. Did you by chance play myles kimmerly while you were up here? Definitely another gem in the area! Hit me up next time your up this way, we'll play a round.

Just wanted to get in on the fun. My third try at dyeing... Lots to learn!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.