• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flour de lis

My third dye (cut around metal lids for the smooth ring!).

Flour de lis...symbol of my hometown Louisville. The ring was wicked hard to line up.

Started with Navy...but the dye wouldn't take (bad dye???) so I dipped it in black for a few just to make sure I didn't waste a stencil.

Attachments

• Flour de lis.jpg
    Flour de lis.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 46
here is my first dye!! i wanted to start simple. im going to do a few tonight, so hopefully there should be some obvious improvment.

used scarlet red, on an ecostar teebird

Attachments

• 20110625125158.jpg
    20110625125158.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 47
Got two done for out little DG weekend here in Raleigh. The dubs team that wins stroke count over the whole weekend gets these.
IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

nice lopan, I have the vector just haven't managed to get around to doing an arrogant bastard yet.

Something about that image... I like it. Nice job LoPan, clean!

One of my old favorites were in town last night.

SLRsDSC_8075.jpg

Our local shop owner is retiring, which is good for her, but I hate to see her go. She's extremely nice and always treated us great. She would stash discs for us in the back and probably never actually made a dime from us with the discounts she gave us. Went in the shop last night and there were only 10 discs left on the racks. She walked in the back, brought out an unopened UPS box, opened it, and handed me this super bright pink Nuke SS. So did it up with this Save The Rit Dye Campaign dye. It's a quick soak in some old xxx09 dye I left out for a few days. I'm gonna go back in later with an hour dip in the xxx11 to add some shading. That way both types of Rit formula are on the same dye.

Attachments

• Nuke SS.jpg
    Nuke SS.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 96
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and finally decided to post my first shave cream tie-dye.
110795_g.jpg

Our local shop owner is retiring, which is good for her, but I hate to see her go. She's extremely nice and always treated us great. She would stash discs for us in the back and probably never actually made a dime from us with the discounts she gave us. Went in the shop last night and there were only 10 discs left on the racks. She walked in the back, brought out an unopened UPS box, opened it, and handed me this super bright pink Nuke SS. So did it up with this Save The Rit Dye Campaign dye. It's a quick soak in some old xxx09 dye I left out for a few days. I'm gonna go back in later with an hour dip in the xxx11 to add some shading. That way both types of Rit formula are on the same dye.

Great idea! Clever dye.:thmbup:

my second dye:
the blur of my camera phone makes the bleeding look worse than it really is, but i def left this one in the pan for a few minutes too many.

cthulhu is waiting, dreaming.... in my star archon.

Attachments

• 20110626175118.jpg
    20110626175118.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 52
I've been lurking on this thread for a while and finally decided to post my first shave cream tie-dye.
110795_g.jpg
nice first post egarnaat. I tried one like that and thought it was too close to a spin dye to pursue at the time, I was going for radically different :). There is obviously a lot that can be done that way that you will never get spinning. Welcome to DGCR!

Last edited:
The reason it's called the Dye a Day thread in because a dye is supposed to be posted every day. Lotta new faces lately, GET BUSY already :D

Here's one from a while back, playing with shapes in my shaving cream.
sunsetkatanas.jpg

I know Hippie likes to use a little turtle wax, sometimes I'll take a pic while it still has that goo-gone shine. Ions and GL discs have almost like a clear coat on top that always looks shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts