• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that KC dye... your line-bleeds are perpendicular to most of the design. If you had turned the design 90 degrees, there would have been far less. Just a pointer on that 3M stuff!

thanks! im learning quickly, i honestly think i just didnt get it pressed down very well. i have been putting them in the sun or under a light for a while once i get the vinyl on now and it seems to seal it up pretty well.

im going to order some oracal 651 soon, but im low on funds! i need more colors of dye too... im getting tired of just black and red and yellow.

Did this on a TeeBird today. Took about 45 minutes to draw and cut by hand. The green came out a little dark, but it is still translucent in person.
110629_165819.jpg

Also did a few others in the last couple days, and will be doing more throughout the week's end

Glad to see you guys are getting busy ;) Be sure and make some time for slack tho, x-day's almost here!

playing with more cubes today
funkycubes2sDSC_8089.jpg

Last edited:
Man there's been a lot of new people showing up around on here with great dyes, love to see the community growing. Great work by everyone.

Here's a champ orc I just finished up for a friend who's a huge Final Fantasy fan.

Champ%252520Orc%252520-%252520Umaro%252520%252526%252520Mog.jpg

Umaro (Yeti) on the front and Mog, the moogle you need to get Umaro in your party, on the back of the disc.

Man there's been a lot of new people showing up around on here with great dyes, love to see the community growing. Great work by everyone.

Here's a champ orc I just finished up for a friend who's a huge Final Fantasy fan.

Champ%252520Orc%252520-%252520Umaro%252520%252526%252520Mog.jpg

Umaro (Yeti) on the front and Mog, the moogle you need to get Umaro in your party, on the back of the disc.

Ha! Umaro! FFVI just came up on the PS Network a little bit ago and I've been playing it silly.

did this one last night. first time using a ruler as a guide with the knife, i think i need to find myself a metal straight edge, something really low to the paper, but it really helped making it look lined up.

its a pre barry leopard that i recently started throwing.

Attachments

• 20110630005238.jpg
    20110630005238.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 60
did this one last night. first time using a ruler as a guide with the knife, i think i need to find myself a metal straight edge, something really low to the paper, but it really helped making it look lined up.

Looks great!
Yes, you need a metal ruler. I too hand cut simple, geometric designs and it helps a great deal.

I suggest not getting just a ruler, but a square, it's much more versatile. This one is 12" x 8".

Attachments

• CIMG8308.jpg
    CIMG8308.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 16
Depends on what you are doing. I use a ruler for most of my geometric stuff. Makes long straight lines much easier.

Finished a couple more today, all for a show tomorrow night. First fridays in KC, if your in the area come by Disc Golf World, 5-9pm (another shameless plug :D).

I think bigbadbid first posted this one, my interpretation
pickingflowerssDSC_8136.jpg

And another done with the help of the Amazing Marzac2.
londoncallingbuzzzsDSC_8127.jpg

Got one more in shaving cream and am glad to be frickin' done. I'm seriously feeling PINK around the gills.

I haven't posted one in a while, so here ya go.
Not original but I've wanted to do it for so long,
I just needed some green Champ plastic to do it.
Hand cut (if you couldn't tell)
The "Hunt Master" on a Champ Viking:
IMG_2832.CR2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.